Samsung GT-I9400 appears on Nenamark 2, probably the Galaxy S IV
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:07
If there's one good thing about benchmarks, it's that we sometimes get hints about upcoming devices. This particular one is very intriguing, as a phone with the model number GT-I9400 has been spotted doing its thing on the Nenamark 2 site...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Maaaaaaaaster posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:11 2 21
1st comment!!!!!! i really do hope this is the Galaxy S4. looks promising. great work sammy : ).
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 28 Nov 2012, 05:07 1 1
Haha, if this was GS4 then SS would have a "burning platform" style self destruction in store.
19. Peter98 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 05:28 0 0
If it is real, oh no! 800x480 resolution? No way...
23. gustavoace posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:33 6 0
This is NOT the final product.. SGS3 also had this resolution on first leak... this means nothing...
I hope they use that octa-core Exynos on it...
30. Dr.Phil posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:40 0 0
Considering that it has Android 4.2 on board, I would think this is Samsung's testing device for it's software. Remember, each manufacturer has it's own design overlay on top of the Android OS. This is probably their way of testing to see how their specific overlay would work on a device.
2. Maaaaaaaaster posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:13 5 5
just kidding. samsung wont sell any units if this is the final spec.
3. wendygarett posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:22 2 6
Creating the hype now I see... I won't felt for it...
Sammy never make the accurate leak just like other does... That's why I'm honestly pass this device...
38. nobelset posted on 28 Nov 2012, 13:19 1 1
You don't wanna buy it because the leak wasn't accurate? Oh Wendy, you never fail to amuse me.
4. edgabimbam posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:23 2 2
omg phonearena, big minus for you. Can you stop posting those ridiculous rumours?
26. ajac09 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:16 0 0
lol and they are trying to prove there are not biased then post crap like this. This is NOT the gs4 its that note plus that was rumored a few days ago. You know the one for old people that just passed through the FCC with LTE onboard.
5. BiN4RY posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:29 2 2
I can't wait to replace my S3 with a new phone that has inferior screen and the same GPU! This is TOTALLY the S4 and I believe everything I read on the internet!
10. aaronkatrini posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:42 0 1
No way Samsung is going for smaller screens. All they do nowdays is make it biger possible... it wont be long what we call now tablets will be called phones - let's hope not!
33. Commentator posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:23 0 0
Well, maybe this is the SGS IV Super-Duper Mini!If the screen were 3", it would have a fantastic PPI of 311!
6. PhenomFaz posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:35 0 0
It mmay very well be the sign that Sammy may showcase the device as early as Feb or March....that would be awesome!
9. kaliil10 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:42 2 7
Nokia lumia 920 vs Samsung galaxy s4.. lumia 920 wins
13. MistB posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:53 6 1
The problem is, sales may be flourishing for the 920 but come 2013 when post mwc season goes by, no one is really going to care and the majority of customers in the world from Asia will wait in anticipation for the s3 successor over the 920, by which time come may 2013 the 920 will be pretty much irrelevant and obsolete by then.
34. Commentator posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:25 0 0
No, that's pretty much what happens to every smartphone ever.
35. Commentator posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:26 2 0
Oh sorry, you were responding to the first post. My bad!
14. bluescreen posted on 28 Nov 2012, 04:59 0 0
why even bother posting an article about a device so far away espically when ur just speculating....its like me saying im gonna win the power ball lottery cause the last 9 jackpot winners had the number 37 in their winning numbers....
21. picka_vi_materina posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:04 0 0
They are posting this so they get clicks and moneyz from naive people on this site. Why do you think they didn't mention WVGA resolution on the site link? Have to admit that they got me too, even though I came for the laughs in the comments.
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 28 Nov 2012, 05:04 2 1
make it smaller! 4.3 inch with HD LCD screen S4 pro and HUGE battery!............i would buy it HANDS DOWN
20. buggerrer posted on 28 Nov 2012, 05:44 2 0
lol .. why you think Samsung is Sony to give you such crappy specs in 2013?
Sammy will bring the quad A15 Exynos monster with Full HD screen and great battery life ( as S3 now give you a good battery life )
22. darac posted on 28 Nov 2012, 06:06 0 0
Horse sh!t, PA..
It's NOT the S4.
Without further elaboration, I'll just bookmark this article and comment so I can rub it in your faces after the S4' announcement.
25. ajac09 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:14 0 0
Probobly NOT the gs4 screen resolution to low try again phonearena
27. ajac09 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 07:17 0 0
I9400 = that note for old people that passed through the FCC geez Phone arena your called biased because when its android you just posed a bunch of bull and think people will accept it as facts but on apple your posts are always so much better and actually mean something.
29. xfire99 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:29 0 0
Resolution and GPU is old. Wont be final GS4 and kinda uselss to discuss about it for now.
31. imkyle posted on 28 Nov 2012, 10:58 0 0
The dispplay resolution is 800*480 and with the mali 400 GPU. No way they decrease the screen resolution and use last years GPU with the Nexus 10 running the latest.
36. andrewlg1990 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:39 0 0
It's probably just a test device. Sammys currently working on the chipset and screen as well so this all makes sense. They gotta start on Touch Wiz with 4.2 anyways.
37. legend1 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:54 0 0
800x480???Not what I had in mind for a flagship device
39. ckoch125 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 15:15 0 0
Doubt this is the galaxy s4 specs are not on line with a high end device to replace the s3
40. Raymond_htc posted on 04 Dec 2012, 21:28 0 0
Can't be S4... The resolution of the unknown device's screen is 800x480..... That's the Resolution of the S2 screen is the same.... So it can't be S4.
S3's screen is of 720P resolution... so the S4 must have a screen resolution of 1080p like the DROID DNA.... So this CANNOT be the Galaxy S IV.