Samsung GT-I9300 prototype indeed labeled Galaxy S3, faster Mali-400 graphics processor onboard
0. phoneArena 20 Apr 2012, 08:11 posted on
Doubts whether the Samsung GT-I9300 leak today is the Galaxy S III are somewhat dispelled by the next set of pics the guys from Tinhte posted, showing the microSD card slot and battery. The label inside clearly reads "Galaxy S3 sample prototype", but the date is from way back in December last year, so the final product is likely nothing like this shell with Galaxy S III innards...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Definitely looks awesome but I have feeling that it won't blow us away as much as the Galaxy SII did when it was revealed.
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Nevertheless, it's still going to be the next phone I buy!
35. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I think this might be the S3 as some articles point out that S3 won't be a major upgrade from S2 and the superior super-phone, Samsung would call it something else ?
I do hope the event that Samsung holding on May 3rd in London will reveal the anticipated super-phone. If not i will go with HTC One X :P
41. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i9800 just show up, this could be the real S3 or the higer end of S3 ??
40. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 410; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Screen size is important for most users, but the "clockage" is only important to the power users. Only a small fraction of phone users care about what speed their CPU is running at, much less know the difference between different CPUs.
If the battery is 2000+ mAh, then hopefully the SGS3 will be an all-day phone. Nothing sucks worse than having to charge the phone 2x per day. The awful battery life of 4G phones has been a huge turn-off.
2. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Samsung please for the love of god don't do this to me, I have waited and saved up money since november to get this thing. Don't get me wrong i love the specs EXCEPT the mali-400gpu I wanted the new mali T-604.
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I said i wanted the new gpu instead of an old OC'd gpu, remind me of the old powervr
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Enjoy, information hungry people. :P
7. drazyw (unregistered)
Best be a dummy case because this thing is ugly.
11. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
It is a dummy case. That info was posted on engadget.com, go check it out!
10. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don't get me wrong, the GPU part is annoying, but im sure the CPU will make up for it. I don't care about design near as much as performance
26. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
the gpu in the s4 is not horrible at all. it benchmarks only a bit lower than tegra 3
36. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
ohh. we will have to find out how good it is. i dont see it being mindblowing
9. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
hahaha lol @PhoneArenaUser I believe since it is a prototype from LAST DECEMBER (that is almost 6 months old), thing could be a lot different on May 3rd. I can't wait any longer, and I'm sure Sammy won't disappoint us :)
12. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I hope so. If they do ill probably still buy it lol just overclock the hell out of the GPU. I don't care about battery life xD im typically right beside of a power outlet.
14. Diego! (Posts: 553; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
LOL, let's wait and see :)
There are some people getting mad with these leaks, and that's why I try not to follow the hood LOL :D
18. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol. this unit is over 4 months old. things change a lot in that short time. this more than likely just a test unit for the processor to work out any bugs. don't let your hopes deflate just yet. :)
24. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Your probably right, the new mali probably wasn't even ready then.
38. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
surprise remixfa. lol
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
tell me that aint perty. i like what ya did with that 2tone brushed aluminum look on the back. thanks bob :)
23. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
As long as im near a power outlet im fine, ill have the GPU and CPU overclocked anyway lol
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
Galaxy M = Galaxy s3? Dont listen to this troll!! Clearly another FAKE made by iphonearena...
16. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its a test unit for the hardware. if i were them I wouldn't put all the real toys like the better camera in it. that just invites more leaks.
I'm still hoping it has at least 1.5gb of ram in the final unit.
42. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I would not hope for that. RAM cosumes battery, and that´s mainly the reason why they don´t add more RAM like crarzies to mobile phones.
What would you rather have, a phone with more RAM (that will be mostly unused) or one with more battery life?
My take there is clear: more battery life. 1GB is more than enogh for current mobile applciations. Think that most of the phones have only 512 MB and applications for Android are designed for the weakest ones.
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the amount of battery that RAM chews up is negligable compared to the SoC, screen and radios.
I'd rather have the ram honestly. Samsung did a great job on the battery life on the exynos SGS2, I wouldnt expect them to reverse that.
17. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
people relax these are not final specs and as you can see this test phone is from december so a lot can change...remember the s2 originaly had 1ghz cpu but the final version was 1.2ghz...we know samsung like to change things about even after announcements,,,they changed the galaxy tabs design and spec,they are changing the spec of the just annouced note 10.1 so dont be surprised if the final s3 spec is different to hear...if this was just going to be a minor update samsung would have just annouced it at mwc
19. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i just hope it wont look like that and it is exynos 4412 !!! the i would like it to have 1080p and 12MP camera :)
20. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Oh and the plot gets good *gets the popcorn * my source had a device similar to this one. Too bad she refused to show it.... gut I could get a glimpse of the device (beta maybe)
28. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its probably a similar test unit. Samsung has been extremely careful not to let the real thing show it's face. all these specs are not final.. the look is junk on purpose. nothing in these units are final versions ...
lol Samsung is really stepping up their hype and secrecy games to knew crazy levels. is this what iPhone nuts go through every year? lol. I can't take it!
33. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
posted the details on G+ when I found about it, wonder how the final unit may look like
45. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, i saw your posts to MH about it. Too bad you didnt have any pix! did you get to play with it at all?
46. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
No, evil which hid is as soon as she noticed the geeky look. I knew it was a new galaxy because ive seen all variants and none was like that.
21. samfrancisco (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
I think this isn't SGS3, specs are not good enough for a 2012 flagship phone. Samsung, please unleash the kraken, bring the Exynos 5xxx to the table!
22. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
what should a 2012 phone have spec wise then if not quad core and hd screen...a15 just not possible this early in the year for mass production so thats out the window.
34. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!
That comment made me laugh +1
27. tharag (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
whatever if it is galaxy m & still packing quad core then what will be the s3 any gusses?
30. ThreeFourSeven (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
I'm going to put my money on Samsung putting the Exynos 5250 in the next Galaxy S.
31. kaizen (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
There no mali..it will be bali anyways..thanks
32. jove39 (Posts: 1816; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Think samsung is trying to refresh sgs2 model...with hd display and exynos 4212...and call it sgs3...may be later this year samsung will be able to put exynos 5x to production and we'll see it in sgs4 :)
37. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Are these Exynos 4212 chips capable of LTE yet? It might be all well and good if the international version has a quad core 4212, but I want the American version to have it as well. And being we have LTE here, carriers are not gonna opt for an LTE-less version.