Samsung GALAXY Tab 7.7 and GALAXY Note are not bound stateside for now
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:22
Reportedly, a Samsung representative has said yesterday that the Samsung GALAXY Tab 7.7 tablet and GALAXY Note smartphone are not meant to be sold in the U.S. just yet. The company's plans...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:29 3 1
I would love to see apple try to doctor the note to claim it looks like the iPhone lol
2. ilia1986 posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:45 4 1
Ok that's official. I want a 2.0Ghz Dual-Core 5.3" SuperAmoled Plus HD phone with a 12MP camera, 1.5Gb of Ram, 64GB internal storage, 3000 mAh battery, running Ice Cream Sandwich.
3. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:51 3 5
I want those specifications too, but running bada instead ; )
4. ilia1986 posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:53 6 1
Hell, as long as it's not iOS, I'll settle for almost anything! :D
iPhone is DEAD! DEADDD!! :D :D
8. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:01 1 2
You don't want Symbian anna either though...
Symbian 3 was fine, but when i bought the Nokia X7 with Anna, Anna was very buggy. The screen on the X7 with anna, sometimed push buttons by itself, sometimes it doesn't react at all...
No, Symbian Anna was not good, in fact it had more bugs than WP7. Hopefully Belle will be good though.
11. ilia1986 posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:04 0 0
Peter, to mention Symbian is almost like to mention Windows Me. Nobody remembers it - and for a good reason - as to not traumatize ourselves with painful memories.
I was talking about modern Operating Systems. Not going-to-be-dead-soon ones. WP7, Android, or maybe Bada. Nothing else that I'd want on that bad boy.
13. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:07 0 2
Ok, so you didn't mean symbian : )
However i myself think belle looks nice though.
10. Bada Bada Bada... (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:02 0 0
It would be great to read one article on Phonearena where you don't add a comment somehow linking it to bada.
12. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:06 0 2
If it is related, which in this case it is. ilia said that he wanted android with those specifications, then it's allright for me to say i want bada with those specifications.
15. huhu (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:24 2 2
those bada things almost make me hate bada
14. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:14 1 0
I don't care if it doesn't come out in the U.S. I will import it from Europe then. I really like that Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 for my wife. Especially a Wi-Fi version, she needs a tablet for work & the Galaxy Tab 7.7 would be perfect because it's small enough that she can put it in her purse & carry it around. All I need to get is a protective sleeve & she is good to go. Who knows, maybe I can get my friend Peterlfromsweden to help me get one at a good price & then send it to me here in the U.S. lol :-)
16. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:25 1 1
I could maybe do that for you, depends on how much you want to pay me... : P
But what about the quad core windows 8 tablet, wouldn't it be better to buy that one instead ?
17. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:27 0 2
i don't know if it is possible to change a swedish android phone from swedish language to english though...
19. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 02 Sep 2011, 11:35 1 0
I am sure with Android you can change the language to English, plus I want the Wi-Fi version so it should work on any Wi-Fi connection. I am more interested in the size of the tablet. If that quad-core Windows 8 tablet is 7 inches or so then I will most definitely look into that also.
22. PeterIfromsweden posted on 02 Sep 2011, 12:15 0 0
I don't know with android, but i do know you can change the language on bada to english if you want ; )
29. Tom Gross (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 20:15 0 0
A newbie, so question may be stupid. If you import it from Europe, can you still use it as a phone, or just a small tablet?
If you can use it as a phone, how do you get service?
21. wowyourannoying (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 12:09 0 1
your starting to really annoy me all you talk about is bada bada bada just shut up already your sounded like MIZs and those other trolls................
27. Sam (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 15:01 1 1
Hey u bada's di©k
7. Dr. Evil (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 09:55 0 0
You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!
23. Mee Too (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 12:50 0 0
Sign me up
9. ilia1986 posted on 02 Sep 2011, 10:02 0 0
Btw I just realized that the screen resolution on this thing is the SAME as on my 15.6" freaking laptop!!
iPhone no longer has the highest resolution display on a mobile phone!! :D
20. huh (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 11:49 1 0
So what the author is trying to say here is... the 2 gadgets will not come to the us.. no, wait.. maybe they will.. wait.. I don't know.
This article is absolutely pointless.
24. Tmachaveli posted on 02 Sep 2011, 12:51 0 0
Phonearena gas been putting a lot of bs on lately
25. Mee Too (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 12:52 0 0
Sing me up. I'll def want that phone
26. jinwons posted on 02 Sep 2011, 13:18 0 0
There is nothing official on regional availability of this yet. That representative in IFA was probably instructed to refrain from saying that over there.
31. SuperTomcat (unregistered) posted on 02 Sep 2011, 21:19 0 0
That rumor probably was started by an Apple fanboy... :)