Samsung GALAXY Note to launch first in Germany on October 29th
0. phoneArena 27 Oct 2011, 23:21 posted on
Samsung's giant 5.3 inch Samsung GALAXY Note will make its initial launch on October 29th starting in Europe; to be specific, Germany will be the first market to host the device which is equipped with that 5.3 inch Super AMOLED HD display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If it comes out by February 2012, I will probably get it instead of the SGS2 - root it, get ICS 4.0 on it and you are set....BAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
3. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
And, it is funny that my first Android was the tiny Aria...lol
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Wish we didn't have the carriers holding handsets back in the US like we do.
37. roscuthiii (Posts: 1873; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
True... very true.
I guess it's actually a good thing. Bloatware, restrictions, and locked boot loaders spur the mod community to conduct the real software innovation in products.
But I was referring to them holding us back from getting some of the latest and more interesting hardware.
4. Derekjeter (Posts: 329; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I hate that we cant get all of those great phones that end up in Europe. And if we do get them they dont have the same specs or look alike the ones over seas. Every company like Apple and all others that make it impossible for us to get the same phones ( like the SGS 2) should not be in business. They should all understand that competition is better for the consumer.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Don't feel too bad, the US finally only got the SGS2 last month and the Galaxy Nexus is almost here.
6. Derekjeter (Posts: 329; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Yeah the SGS 2 doesnt look lke the one over seas. My point. I hate Apple. But like the ipod.....lol
7. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My kid loves hi iPOD 2 touch....he does not care about a phone and loves youTUBE and the games.
11. Derekjeter (Posts: 329; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I have the 160 gig classic for my new Durango. And i only got it for my daughters so they can watch movies when we go out. Its the only device that can send video out to the T.V,s......go figure.
14. P-YWS (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Networkdood, for the sake of eyesight of your kid, would 5.3" display of the Galaxy Note stress her/his eyes much less than the much tiner 3.5" display of the iPOD 2 Touch? For anyone with sane mind, watching youTUBE and playing games on bigger display are more enjoyable!
15. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Agreed, but then again, when I was younger I was playing on the original black and white gameboy with extra blur....but, I agree, I would want a bigger screen.
34. redflag_rising (Posts: 20; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
true..... and you put an accesry to it so that you could play with it on the dark... if my memory is still good thats the thing you put on the screen of your gameboy...
16. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Also, we have a wi-fi only iPad which both boys use quite a bit - they love those crazy zombie/sonic youtube movies and zombie games....
24. P-YWS (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Networkdood. Most well-taken high-definition movies are of wide aspect ratio. Therefore, the 1280x800 (16:10) of the Galaxy Pad 2 is a much better match than the 1024x768 (3:2) of the iPad/iPad2. Relatively speaking, on iPad/iPad2, the dog in a youTube movie could look more like a cat and there will be a thick black borders above and below the movie area. Worst case, a zombie could be mistaken as a good guy :) If you have the Asus Transformer instead, you can simply transfer the digital copy of whatever movies you like best into the uSD memory card, then plug any of these cards into the Asus Transformer tablet to enjoy movie in an environement closely resembling the HDTV at your house. It is because Asus Transformer offers 16:9 aspect ratio, which is what the modern HDTVs use. iPad/iPad2 are not even close!
25. P-YWS (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Networkdood. I must apologize if you feel offended. I merely tried to point out the facts which many people ignore or are not aware of. These days, perception is everything. Many companies who are eager to sell their stuff simply did a great job to confuse consumers. To me, it is always important that every penny of my hard-earned cash is put to the most use but not wasted on "hype", "fashion", "perception", "deception", etc. To my children, I need to set an example: every penny I have is the result of a lot of sweat, as such, my children should make sure that every penny is getting its worth!
12. remixfa (Posts: 14168; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the phone is bad ass.. but even I worry that its too big for normal usage. guess ill just have to play with one and find out :)
18. P-YWS (Posts: 83; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
With a Bluetooth headset, the 5.3" display is a good match. While you are speaking to someone on the headset, you can also search for a good restaurant or a shop with clothes on sale.
19. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I would be fine with a bigger on-screen keypad for my big fingers....
20. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
But even I worry that its too big for normal usage. guess ill just have to play with one and find out :) (( that's what she said)))) lol
21. networkdood (Posts: 6326; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If you like using a tablet, then this phone will be fine....
30. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
It's against the rules of imature battles of wit to say ''That's what she said'' after tour own comment, you can only say it after someone else says something.
35. redflag_rising (Posts: 20; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
plain bad ass.....that phone is too small for shaq... LOL
36. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Its not a phone.... we geeks call it phablet :)
32. redflag_rising (Posts: 20; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
how ? thru att postpaid you coud use the phone? im intrigued...
22. metoyou (Posts: 278; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Damn i really like this one but i think it's a little too big for my small hands !
27. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Where did u order it from? I'm looking to buy one, myself
29. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
i used the apple i always felt the screen was too small. then i used the galaxy 1 series and i felt the 4 inch was too small. i am currently using the 3d and i still feel its slightly too small. i think as long as the note is narrow and filled out the dimensions better i think it would be perfect.
the people complaining the dimensions are too big need to open up and try the bigger sizes.
31. UltraElectroMagneticPOP (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
That's what she said!
38. k1ng617 (Posts: 264; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Why does the US have to wait until the next quarter?! Man, don't know what the US did to Samsung, but clearly they don't appreciate the US market.