Samsung GALAXY Note for AT&T will soon receive a 'suite' Ice Cream Sandwich update
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2012, 13:39 posted on
According to those who have been able to spend some hands-on time with an updated AT&T version of the Samsung GALAXY Note, not only will the upcoming update include the new 4.0.4 build of the Android OS, it will also add Samsung's Premium Suite...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5554; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
word just in you can install launchers on ANYTHING. xD
12. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 240; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah, I've been running cm9 from calprogrammer on xda for a while now and before that flapjaxx cm9 build. Can't go wrong with stock ics. Now that the official release is out, I can't wait for some updated cm9 love. Overclock time plus linaro or dare I say it, when the official code comes out next week, JB porting? So much releasing all at once!
3. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I can only guess their talking about Apex or Nova, because you have to have ICS to install those particular launchers.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5554; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe so but if that's a benefit that they picked out of receiving ICS it must be as poor as the rest of the ICS updates Samsung has been pushing. that's always been a low point with them.
5. oddmanout (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 May 2009)
They said it was coming soon like 8 months ago... all this waiting. Why not skip straight to JB!
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5554; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
because ICS was already so close to being done so they might as well push it out for people to have while waiting for JB.
6. Hammerfest (Posts: 365; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Im still on ADW Launcher EX v188.8.131.52 myself... updates suck imho and cant get the same speed and maximiztion of space as i can with good old ADW Launcher EX v184.108.40.206...
Trust me ive tried... oh lordy ive tried... but I have no issues with staying with my launcher or the specific outdated version, my only complaint is any Android above 2.x makes the launcher think its in tablet mode... but thats not all THAT bad... :D
11. Hammerfest (Posts: 365; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Just downloaded KIES on my PC and the update was already out of the oven cooled off and ready to EAT... and boy oh boy, am I eating this wonderful CAKE (PS: no longer a LIE...)
10. JGuinan007 (Posts: 626; Member since: 19 May 2011)
It's about time they pushed this out. I think the only reason they even bothered was because Tmo is launching their Note with ICS. This should have been released when the One X came out.
14. prdmshrl (Posts: 20; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
The update is already available via KIES. I am downloading the update right now.
15. electrophage (Posts: 32; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Yep. Downloaded it with Kies at about 10:15pm. Working well. Now if AT&T will just execute the upgrade for my Galaxy Tab 8.9 and Pantech Element ill be a happy man...at least until the Galaxy Note 2 debuts somewhere!
18. bigdawg23 (Posts: 350; Member since: 25 May 2011)
AT&T Store(I know not always reliable) said it will be a few weeks.
17. Gemmol (Posts: 492; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
This update took away my tablet feature Netflix, now my netflix look regular like the phone version, I like the tablet interface on my Note, why did I have to lose it......ICS sucks
19. ricky0702 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
S I got the update on the AT&T SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE!!
Check How to upgrade your galaxy note on this version