Samsung GALAXY Note II offers "Smart Rotation"
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:28
Besides "Smart Stay," which uses the front-facing camera pn the Samsung GALAXY Note II to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it, "Smart Rotation" also uses the front-facing camera on the phablet to make sure the screen is oriented correctly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Droid_X_Doug posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:02 14
Enough with stories about GN II features! When is it shipping in the U.S.?! And in particular, when for VZW customers?
14. lsneddeff5 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:29 2
im not sure about verizon stores but i was at best buy mobile today and asked when it would be available for verizon and the manager said october 21st
41. BabyWade posted on 03 Oct 2012, 08:49 0
I think it'll be available sometime in November.
39. PhenomFaz posted on 03 Oct 2012, 07:16 2
Man it just launched here in Bahrain...awesome!!!
But there's a long list of pre-orders they are serving out...I m goona get one as soon as I can!
The best thing about GNote 2 is not just the hardware, not even the softwate (Jelly Bean is awesome though) but its actually the neat little software optimizations and features added by Samsung that make the whole experience of the device simply awesome!
This is going to be really hard to beat...its not about creating a 5 inch phablet or any product...its about creating an experience by which people always remember you
17. Jelly_Bean posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:39 10
Sammy is teasing those iStretch 5 users with these features like daily basis now. iThink they'd file a refund for that :p lolzzz
Awesome job Sammy please give me ma Note 2 asap :(
29. anywherehome posted on 03 Oct 2012, 00:01 13
cool and patent it before Apple steals that!!!
5. protozeloz posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:43 2
it will probably do the same as smart stay, in fact I believe if both are enabled will use the same moment to verify both
7. PAPINYC posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:01 5
I don't care, I will happily walk around with a charger and buy a Mophie Case.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:33 13
and the best part about it is......you can either keep it on or you can turn it off if you choose to........good job there samsung
4. Nookie4u posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:39 14
With Samsung using the word 'smart' that way all the time, the rest of the smartphones sounded like dumb xD
9. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:07 9
Samsung better hurry up and patent it before Apple does... lol
10. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:10 8
No one is making that mistake these days thanks to Apple and their never resting legal team.
11. turk_az posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:20 3
they say they thought about it in 1997 ten years before they make an icrap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
43. CDGMobile posted on 03 Oct 2012, 09:19 0
That legal team must smell like dusty old rooms considering how much litigation they do lol
12. speckledapple posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:20 4
After seeing that multi window feature, it further solidifies this as being my next device hands down. Productivity at its finest.
15. JBurd3 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:33 5
I'm not the biggest Sammy fan, BUT everything about this phone is sexy and its really turning me on. Anybody else concur???
36. No_Nonsense posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:16 0
Monstrous size is all what is keeping me from buying this. How about a G Note with stylus and all this in a 4.5 inch display?
16. plgladio posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:37 3
One place where I don't see Apple boys, because its innovation here.. :)
18. infinitemethod posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:50 2
This phone just continues to scream festive! I am so on board. Sign me, sons!
19. Phullofphil posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:52 0
Smart stay has never worked on either gs3 that I owned. It is worthless to me and do not really think this new featurrcwill be any different.
20. frydaexiii posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:54 8
See, that's the difference between Samsung & Apple. Samsung has really worked hard to differentiate themselves from other Android manufacturers with all these new little features that matter.
Good Guy Samsung : Creates new innovations, Doesn't brag about it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Scumbag Apple : Steals others innovations, brag like they created it and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
23. KingKurogiii posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:44 1
that's a very nice feature. there's been times that i would've really liked having this. o:
24. gallitoking posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:52 0
is this going to be like in the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland were the portraits looks at you no matter were you walk.. hmmmm no wonder is off by default.. battery drainer.. useless for average consumers...
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 02 Oct 2012, 23:33 2
man you are a bitter person...........if its not apple you seem to never be satisfied......... smh, battery drainer? did you forget that it has a very lager battery and is removable?
30. gallitoking posted on 03 Oct 2012, 00:13 0
why bitter? wow large battery and removable.. good you need to be plugged into an AC outlet.. why can you take negative critism.. I can when it comes to Apple
33. lifebeyondearth posted on 03 Oct 2012, 01:36 8
Does the i5 has any of the smart features of Note2? NO? so STFU.
iPhones, designed for idiots.
46. Jelly_Bean posted on 03 Oct 2012, 17:17 0
n he is one of them lolzzz
34. frydaexiii posted on 03 Oct 2012, 01:39 0
That's what I thought about Smart Stay, you never notice it, you never realize it's working until it's gone. It's small things like this that makes a Samsung phone "not just another Android device". Beside, it's not a battery drainer...
37. matrix_neo posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:33 0
You're not only bitter you're too jealous also. You're iPhone 5 front facing camera can only take pictures and video chat, and oh video chat, can be used now in 3g. My Nokia 5800 can do video chat since 2010.
Samsung continue to innovative to make our phones not only limited to certain features like calling, texting, web browsing, but also making it more useful, productive and satisfying user experience. Lifebeyondearth is correct, iPhone is for idiots, it has limited features that even 5 year old kid knows how to use it.
25. Bernoulli posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:53 0
hahaha I just hope the price isn't too high to afford, I'm on a value plan so no subsidy for me XD
26. Friendlysky posted on 02 Oct 2012, 23:00 1
Sammy has a smart TV in the market before anyone ells and they have enough experience with those technology why not put on the phone. Not like other go out steal from others idears and afriad other over take their market share so have to find a crook to slow sammy down.
27. EspHack posted on 02 Oct 2012, 23:26 2
well done samsung, that was exactly what i wanted my phone to do with the(almost) useless front cam when im lying down at my bed
35. andrew1953 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 02:03 0
Galaxy Note 2 very BlackBerry Aristo for me with Nokia 920 @ this stage.
38. kanagadeepan posted on 03 Oct 2012, 06:42 2
Samsung patent this technology as fast as you can... Else the half-eaten-rotten-fruit-co will patent it and will ask 1B$ from you for the same...