Samsung GALAXY Note II offers "Smart Rotation"
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2012, 20:28 posted on
Besides "Smart Stay," which uses the front-facing camera pn the Samsung GALAXY Note II to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it, "Smart Rotation" also uses the front-facing camera on the phablet to make sure the screen is oriented correctly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5732; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Enough with stories about GN II features! When is it shipping in the U.S.?! And in particular, when for VZW customers?
14. lsneddeff5 (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
im not sure about verizon stores but i was at best buy mobile today and asked when it would be available for verizon and the manager said october 21st
41. BabyWade (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I think it'll be available sometime in November.
39. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1067; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Man it just launched here in Bahrain...awesome!!!
But there's a long list of pre-orders they are serving out...I m goona get one as soon as I can!
The best thing about GNote 2 is not just the hardware, not even the softwate (Jelly Bean is awesome though) but its actually the neat little software optimizations and features added by Samsung that make the whole experience of the device simply awesome!
This is going to be really hard to beat...its not about creating a 5 inch phablet or any product...its about creating an experience by which people always remember you
17. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Sammy is teasing those iStretch 5 users with these features like daily basis now. iThink they'd file a refund for that :p lolzzz
Awesome job Sammy please give me ma Note 2 asap :(
29. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
cool and patent it before Apple steals that!!!
2. hariprasath.j (Posts: 27; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
wondering, this drains the battery...??!!?!
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
it will probably do the same as smart stay, in fact I believe if both are enabled will use the same moment to verify both
7. PAPINYC (Posts: 2276; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I don't care, I will happily walk around with a charger and buy a Mophie Case.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2435; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
and the best part about it is......you can either keep it on or you can turn it off if you choose to........good job there samsung
4. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
With Samsung using the word 'smart' that way all the time, the rest of the smartphones sounded like dumb xD
9. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Samsung better hurry up and patent it before Apple does... lol
10. Aeires (unregistered)
No one is making that mistake these days thanks to Apple and their never resting legal team.
11. turk_az (Posts: 27; Member since: 11 May 2012)
they say they thought about it in 1997 ten years before they make an icrap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
43. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
That legal team must smell like dusty old rooms considering how much litigation they do lol
12. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
After seeing that multi window feature, it further solidifies this as being my next device hands down. Productivity at its finest.
15. JBurd3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not the biggest Sammy fan, BUT everything about this phone is sexy and its really turning me on. Anybody else concur???
36. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Monstrous size is all what is keeping me from buying this. How about a G Note with stylus and all this in a 4.5 inch display?
47. JBurd3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess the could do like a note mini i suppose..
16. plgladio (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
One place where I don't see Apple boys, because its innovation here.. :)
18. infinitemethod (Posts: 125; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
This phone just continues to scream festive! I am so on board. Sign me, sons!
19. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Smart stay has never worked on either gs3 that I owned. It is worthless to me and do not really think this new featurrcwill be any different.
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
See, that's the difference between Samsung & Apple. Samsung has really worked hard to differentiate themselves from other Android manufacturers with all these new little features that matter.
Good Guy Samsung : Creates new innovations, Doesn't brag about it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Scumbag Apple : Steals others innovations, brag like they created it and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
21. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So checking this app out IF I get a note 2
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's a very nice feature. there's been times that i would've really liked having this. o:
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is this going to be like in the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland were the portraits looks at you no matter were you walk.. hmmmm no wonder is off by default.. battery drainer.. useless for average consumers...
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2435; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
man you are a bitter person...........if its not apple you seem to never be satisfied......... smh, battery drainer? did you forget that it has a very lager battery and is removable?
30. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
why bitter? wow large battery and removable.. good you need to be plugged into an AC outlet.. why can you take negative critism.. I can when it comes to Apple
33. lifebeyondearth (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Does the i5 has any of the smart features of Note2? NO? so STFU.
iPhones, designed for idiots.
34. frydaexiii (Posts: 1231; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
That's what I thought about Smart Stay, you never notice it, you never realize it's working until it's gone. It's small things like this that makes a Samsung phone "not just another Android device". Beside, it's not a battery drainer...
37. matrix_neo (Posts: 314; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
You're not only bitter you're too jealous also. You're iPhone 5 front facing camera can only take pictures and video chat, and oh video chat, can be used now in 3g. My Nokia 5800 can do video chat since 2010.
Samsung continue to innovative to make our phones not only limited to certain features like calling, texting, web browsing, but also making it more useful, productive and satisfying user experience. Lifebeyondearth is correct, iPhone is for idiots, it has limited features that even 5 year old kid knows how to use it.
25. Bernoulli (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
hahaha I just hope the price isn't too high to afford, I'm on a value plan so no subsidy for me XD
26. Friendlysky (Posts: 54; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Sammy has a smart TV in the market before anyone ells and they have enough experience with those technology why not put on the phone. Not like other go out steal from others idears and afriad other over take their market share so have to find a crook to slow sammy down.
27. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
well done samsung, that was exactly what i wanted my phone to do with the(almost) useless front cam when im lying down at my bed
35. andrew1953 (Posts: 174; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Galaxy Note 2 very BlackBerry Aristo for me with Nokia 920 @ this stage.
38. kanagadeepan (Posts: 667; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Samsung patent this technology as fast as you can... Else the half-eaten-rotten-fruit-co will patent it and will ask 1B$ from you for the same...