Samsung GALAXY Note II offers "Smart Rotation"
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2012, 20:28 posted on
Besides "Smart Stay," which uses the front-facing camera pn the Samsung GALAXY Note II to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it, "Smart Rotation" also uses the front-facing camera on the phablet to make sure the screen is oriented correctly...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
Now. thats Cooool !!!!!
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Enough with stories about GN II features! When is it shipping in the U.S.?! And in particular, when for VZW customers?
14. lsneddeff5 (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
im not sure about verizon stores but i was at best buy mobile today and asked when it would be available for verizon and the manager said october 21st
41. BabyWade (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
I think it'll be available sometime in November.
39. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Man it just launched here in Bahrain...awesome!!!
But there's a long list of pre-orders they are serving out...I m goona get one as soon as I can!
The best thing about GNote 2 is not just the hardware, not even the softwate (Jelly Bean is awesome though) but its actually the neat little software optimizations and features added by Samsung that make the whole experience of the device simply awesome!
This is going to be really hard to beat...its not about creating a 5 inch phablet or any product...its about creating an experience by which people always remember you
17. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Sammy is teasing those iStretch 5 users with these features like daily basis now. iThink they'd file a refund for that :p lolzzz
Awesome job Sammy please give me ma Note 2 asap :(
29. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
cool and patent it before Apple steals that!!!
2. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
wondering, this drains the battery...??!!?!
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
it will probably do the same as smart stay, in fact I believe if both are enabled will use the same moment to verify both
7. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I don't care, I will happily walk around with a charger and buy a Mophie Case.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
and the best part about it is......you can either keep it on or you can turn it off if you choose to........good job there samsung
4. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
With Samsung using the word 'smart' that way all the time, the rest of the smartphones sounded like dumb xD
9. ElektronicGeek91 (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Samsung better hurry up and patent it before Apple does... lol
10. Aeires (unregistered)
No one is making that mistake these days thanks to Apple and their never resting legal team.
11. turk_az (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 May 2012)
they say they thought about it in 1997 ten years before they make an icrap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
43. CDGMobile (Posts: 29; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
That legal team must smell like dusty old rooms considering how much litigation they do lol
12. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
After seeing that multi window feature, it further solidifies this as being my next device hands down. Productivity at its finest.
15. JBurd3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not the biggest Sammy fan, BUT everything about this phone is sexy and its really turning me on. Anybody else concur???
36. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Monstrous size is all what is keeping me from buying this. How about a G Note with stylus and all this in a 4.5 inch display?
47. JBurd3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess the could do like a note mini i suppose..
16. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
One place where I don't see Apple boys, because its innovation here.. :)
18. infinitemethod (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
This phone just continues to scream festive! I am so on board. Sign me, sons!
19. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Smart stay has never worked on either gs3 that I owned. It is worthless to me and do not really think this new featurrcwill be any different.
20. frydaexiii (Posts: 1459; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
See, that's the difference between Samsung & Apple. Samsung has really worked hard to differentiate themselves from other Android manufacturers with all these new little features that matter.
Good Guy Samsung : Creates new innovations, Doesn't brag about it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Scumbag Apple : Steals others innovations, brag like they created it and it's the best thing since sliced bread.
21. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So checking this app out IF I get a note 2