Samsung GALAXY Note II knock-off is $150 and comes rooted out of the box
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Dec 2012, 18:56
The Star S7180 is a knock-off of the Samsung GALAXY Note with a 5.3 inch screen, and believe it or not, Android 4.1 is installed and the device just so happens to be rooted right out of the box; be prepared to pay $150 for the Star S7180 which is about half the subsidized price of the Samsung GALAXY Note II...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:09 7 2
fakes are getting better and better bump that up to 1.5ghz and it could be a nice phone
3. nyamo posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:12 4 0
depends on the fake, some chinese knock offs aren't so hot
6. Ravail posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:20 2 0
Lol yeah, did you see the Airphone 4 review on youtube? i mean i hate Apple.. but thats a joke lol
22. techspace posted on 16 Dec 2012, 01:00 1 0
airphone 4 doesn't come with ios
all the fake android phones have the advantage of running original android os.......they get the apps and other stuff from the same google play store
18. Nadr1212 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 22:58 0 0
Does it work cuz knock-offs are called that 4 a reason
32. jmoita2 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 13:47 0 0
Agreed. To top it off, the genius who put their page together forgot to include an english version...
11. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 15 Dec 2012, 21:06 2 2
GooPhone, I love GooPhone
2. Goldeneye posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:11 4 4
Material and craftsmanship wise shouldn't be different than the real thing.
4. PAPINYC (limited) 3 days ago posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:18 6 2
Out of curiosity, I clicked on the link above; no thanks, I'll keep my fully priced Verizon Galaxy Note II 4G LTE ☆ with Multi Windows.
Besides, my Chinese is a little rusty.
21. ardent1 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 00:39 1 6
Yes, you WAY OVERPAID for your fully-priced Samsung device.
You can get comparable andorid devices for far less -- android devices now start at $30 thanks to companies like Virgin Mobile USA, Boost, Straigh Talk, etc.
24. cripton805 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 01:40 3 0
You're kidding right? Name ONE phone that is $30 that has a quad core processor and 2gb of ram.
Ill make it even easier. Name one that is $200.
The cheapest bang for your buck is the LG Nexus and not even that is that cheap.
You must be sarcastic.
29. Droiddoes posted on 16 Dec 2012, 13:01 0 0
LMFAO you get what you pay for. I mean, you can also get a 2 year old KIA for like $6,000 so why bother manufacturing Mustangs, Camaros, Z cars, Lancers right?
5. andrew1953 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 19:20 7 0
I just signed up for the real thing and wouldn't touch one of these fakes.
8. networkdood posted on 15 Dec 2012, 20:45 1 0
All Android phones should ship boot loader unlocked and rooted.
13. DigitalMD posted on 15 Dec 2012, 21:24 3 1
Why should Samsung giveaway their custom work which makes them the leader in Android for free?? No chance.,
9. networkdood posted on 15 Dec 2012, 20:45 3 2
I wonder if it contains an extra chip for spying...
16. Wiki_jaan posted on 15 Dec 2012, 22:04 0 0
every fone contain spying material and also softwares built in.I heard even they have access to our phone cameras without any notice.
10. scsa852k posted on 15 Dec 2012, 20:52 0 0
What you pay for is what you get.
Why would you get freakin' Chinese knock-offs for anything.
12. maherk posted on 15 Dec 2012, 21:19 2 8
This site daily proves how biased it is, how anti-android and pro-apple it is! I ve never seen this site offer a chinese cloned iphoned, yet you are here offering this knock off and even giving a link on this illegal item. Seriously, you need to start changing your policy and stop on sucking that apple flavoured lollipop, no wonder why you are called iphonearena.
17. quesoesgrande posted on 15 Dec 2012, 22:51 3 0
Hey retard, go up to the phonearena search bar and type "goophone". Take YOUR biased crap elsewhere. Do some research before you make a fool of yourself again!
26. maherk posted on 16 Dec 2012, 04:16 2 1
I never said they didnt have an article about a cloned Iphone, I said they never offered. In the goophone article they made sure to add this sentence "however, getting one of them wouldn't be a very wise thing to do". I didnt see that in this article. Plus they didnt put a direct link to go buy the phone again like they did in this article.
23. techspace posted on 16 Dec 2012, 01:07 1 0
now that's the meaning of open source
all the OEMs like samsung just run google's android OS which is not patented and anyone is free to use it
did you ever see any chinese phone with original ios? no.....so what's the use of getting fake iphones?
these fake android phones aren't fake actually......these phones have original android os and these phones are recognized by google in the play store
19. BREvenson posted on 16 Dec 2012, 00:13 2 1
Not too bad for a $150 phone...those kinds of phones still go for at least twice as much over here. Granted, it IS a knockoff, but it could be worse.
20. ardent1 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 00:36 1 4
So Samsung --- how does it feel now when the shoe is on the other foot.
Now, it's your turn to fight copyists, who have the added advantage of saying but if Samsung could do it so can we.
25. cripton805 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 01:44 0 0
If you're referring to Samsung copying Apple, wouldn't that mean that these people are copying Apple and not Samsung?
Guess they weren't sooo similar after all weren't they.
27. Martine posted on 16 Dec 2012, 05:20 1 0
When you see a fake version of any device, it simply means that the device is both popular and successful.
I have seen fake Galaxy S, S2, S3, Ace and Note; Iphone 4, 4S, and 5; HTC Desire and Desire HD.
28. cripton805 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 05:55 0 0
I guess. If you base success off of piracy. =P
31. II2012 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 09:00 0 0
So many uninformed comments... Has anyone commenting actually used such a phone? I do have one (different model from the one mentioned in the article) and it is great. Screen is brilliant, HD (720p), processor is dual-core, performance is fast and responsive. Even more, it is Dual SIM and unlocked, comes with 2 batteries (2000-2500 mAh, depending on the model). For the vast majority of people this is perfect, so getting a much more expensive phone simply means you have got more money than good sense.