Samsung GALAXY Nexus volume issues are software related, fix coming soon
2. remixfa posted on 23 Nov 2011, 09:20 11 11
and the geek world breathes a collectve sigh.. lol
NOW LAUNCH THE DARN THING!! lol
3. Zayuh24 posted on 23 Nov 2011, 09:20 3 0
Glad that Google is admitting it made a mistake and is taking action to fix it. If only manufacturers were as responsive (sigh)
4. Bethistopheles posted on 23 Nov 2011, 10:28 1 1
I'm valiantly suppressing the urge to do a highly embellished happy dance.
5. warlockz posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:20 0 0
Cool must be nice to own a nexus lol a nice fix to release date be cool for vwz
6. Droid_X_Doug posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:20 3 11
And the iFans are pissed that volume-gate is going to be resolved. Battery-gate continues.
21. Droid_X_Doug posted on 23 Nov 2011, 14:46 2 0
Wow. Only 11 thumbsdown votes? I thought there were more iFans on PA.
7. Sniggly posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:35 1 0
I read elsewhere that the LTE Galaxy Nexus is confirmed to have a december release on Verizon. The november release was apparently applicable to the GSM/European version.
8. kpfirefighter posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:42 0 0
I think the november release was for the release in Canada not the U.S I talked to a store employee and he said black friday is what they heard. Then he said if not than next week. But you know they don't really know sh*t sometimes.
12. beatsandmelody posted on 23 Nov 2011, 12:18 0 0
I don't think Google became anymore specific than just "the phone will be available in Nov" because they didn't know. They probably had all kinds of details to work out with all sorts of carriers in various countries, and Verizon might've already been negotiating for a Dec launch.
I'm cool with Dec, I just wish they'd SAY SO.
13. remixfa posted on 23 Nov 2011, 12:23 0 0
store reps only know what is told on sites like these. There is no internal information.
15. roldefol posted on 23 Nov 2011, 12:54 1 0
And that's only if the reps are as interested in their products as we are. I remember back in September I was talking to a salesguy about the Vigor and Prime and I pretty much got "oh, like a Thunderbolt 2 and Charge 2?"
Makes us either really easy or really hard to sell to.
10. LewsTherin006 posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:55 0 0
i read that too. It seems to me Verizon is waiting so that way they can launch another cool phone during december, instead of having so many in november.
11. roldefol posted on 23 Nov 2011, 12:06 0 0
I thought maybe they would launch the Droid 4 in mid-December, but given the complete lack of fanfare for the Droid 3, maybe they're not excited for it.
Verizon is usually last out of the gate with new products, so it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until a few other countries found the bugs first.
9. kpfirefighter posted on 23 Nov 2011, 11:48 0 0
But on the other hand I love how they are telling us all these great things the phone can do and some it can't. But they won't give us the the most simple info.... The launch date!
14. networkdood posted on 23 Nov 2011, 12:39 2 0
So, Samsung is using Europe as their testers? Cool....
16. kpfirefighter posted on 23 Nov 2011, 13:45 0 0
I'm totally fine with a December launch! just give us a day! that's not a lot to ask
17. robinrisk posted on 23 Nov 2011, 13:46 0 0
What i did not relaize is the alck of a Menu Button, that makes it kinda iPhoneish, and i really dont like that.
I've always loved that whenever i need to use the menu, i just click on the button.
However there should be a mod for it as soon as it comes out in the states right?
18. roldefol posted on 23 Nov 2011, 14:04 0 0
I thought the (virtual) button on the right was the menu button. Back, Home, Menu. Only one missing is Search.
19. McLTE posted on 23 Nov 2011, 14:06 0 0
With the NEXUS.. the buttons you are used to, are going to be part of the screen now, not individual buttons as before.
In practice, under most circumstances, you'll see similar buttons across the bottom of the screen, operating as they used to.
Now, some programs will have the ability to make the buttons go away and use the ENTIRE screen.
No need to worry.
20. roldefol posted on 23 Nov 2011, 14:09 0 0
Right, she was commenting that there isn't a button for the app menu (settings/options menus, etc). And I was mistaken, the three standard virtual buttons are Back, Home and Multitasking (to switch between apps I assume). Which I guess makes sense but may take some getting used to for current Android users.
22. warlockz posted on 23 Nov 2011, 15:52 0 0
I'm call it, week of December 12th if not early January 2012,for the N.A. release!
23. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 23 Nov 2011, 16:55 1 0
thank god like ijobs they dint say ""you are hearing it wrong""