Samsung GALAXY Nexus might launch on December 8 along with the Motorola DROID 4
0. phoneArena 24 Nov 2011, 06:00 posted on
The Samsung GALAXY Nexus might lauch on December 8, along with the yet-unannounced Motorola DROID 4, according to a leaked insider document. The smartphones are to join Verizon's lineup...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
First. Wow Google and Samsung really messed up here
13. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
How many freaking times has this damn thing missed released date? Neither one can give a concrete answer here and they're pissing around.
16. THE_RAY (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What was the official release date?????? How can you miss a date you don't have???
18. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
There never was a release date? They said November release. The phone was released in November. What more do you want?
HIT THE GAS! IF WE MAKE IT TO 88 WE CAN RELEASE THE PHONE A MONTH AGO AND EVERYONE MIGHT BE HAPPY!
20. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
they knew the gsm launch date, but they said the vzw version would launch in november. there was also the leaked screen grab that showed this weekend, which isnt official, but they are obviously not where they want to be.
in the end, it really wont be that big of a deal though.
14. mikeystar (Posts: 17; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
they missed black friday, now me and everyone who are not idiots got penny phones on amazon. lets see droid razr/htc rezound for free, or the nexus for 300 dollars?
15. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
They were only a penny if you were getting a new line. I think those of us waiting to upgrade had to pay $230. Still a great price, but I'm sure Amazon will have a great deal on the GN when it comes out. They always have great deals. On everything. FTW.
2. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
see how ridiculous motorola is? they just released droid 3 several months ago and now theres the droid 4.. wonder when they will top the razr again just like what they did to bionic..
5. biophone (Posts: 1897; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Nature of the beast. You don't like it get an iphone.
7. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Its true. I like that they release phones often, it doesn\'t make the Droid 3 any \"worse\" its just no longer the \"latest\". If you buy phones to try to make some sort of statement about yourself then as biophone mentioned you should probably buy an iPhone.
23. cthunder (Posts: 104; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
You do realize the Droid 3 is 3G and the Droid 4 is 4g? Big difference.
4. warlockz (Posts: 156; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Droid 4 already. Droid 5 release date January 30th lol
8. cappy718 (Posts: 25; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Droid 4...LMAO....This is getting silly. After the measly offering of the Droid 3 on VZW for the first half of 2011 from motorola, they are cramming phones down our throat for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I sooo should have waited for the Nexus instead of getting this Bionic...
12. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Wishes for Droid 4:
smaller form factor (width and length, its already thin enough!)
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i just hope it has good battery life, 1GB of RAM, a better camera and of course LTE but we know that's a go.
19. THE_RAY (Posts: 27; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
My thought is that Verizon doesn't want anybody else selling the nexus until after christmas. (Exclusivity deal) That is why they haven't release the phone yet??????????
21. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Oh, the friggin' whiners! Does a new phone coming out take away from what your phone did when you bought it? Is bragging right to the "latest" really all that important?!
It's a damn phone. Don't let it define your existence. That's just sad.
22. Bethistopheles (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
When you are stuck with an EnV2 with a screwed up microphone through which no one can hear you and you've been waiting for 2 months for this damned phone to come out just so you can have a phone that, you know...works properly...then you can talk, but until then, shut your piehole roscuthiii. ;)
This freakin' sucks any way you slice it. Life-altering horror? No. But still pretty suck-tastic. :(