Samsung Facebook campaign goes wrong as users pick iPhone instead of Galaxy S III
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 02:33 posted on
Samsung is running a Facebook survey right now asking people on the social network “If you could only take one electronic device on to a deserted island, what would it be”…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Hahaha this is hilarious :))) nice one apple fans :))
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1834; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
What were those trolls, doing on a samsung page, too begin with... LOOKING FOR THE NEXT BEST THING, from samsung :-) .. Gooo samsung !!!!
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
why you always put the blame to iFans?
you have no proof!
im sorry but this is immature and childish!
21. Seymur (unregistered)
everyone is fandroid here
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh this is just so cruel! maybe they should just change the website to androidcentralultimateapplehaters.com
coz this is so unfair!
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no offence but you cant act the voice of reason when he says ifans but when someone says fandroids you say nothing
either go at both or say nothing
52. JunitoNH (Posts: 892; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yes, lots of Android and kids. You can always tell by the immature responses. Where as The Verge and Engadget people from both side ingage in intelligent exchange of ideas and opinions. Having said that, their responses keep me amuse.
39. rd_nest (Posts: 769; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Samsung gives you the option to voice your choice. You may select iPhone or Nokia or HTC. If it was an ad by Apple, you won't even have option to comment. Just check any apple videos on youtube. All videos have comments disabled. somebody is afraid that you will say something that they don't want!
2. Basicallyevolve (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
of course they would. 99% of iphone users are on facebook lol.
I admit i have a facebook but i probably go on once a month if that.
I personally would take my Samsung Galaxy S3 hand down.
Its hard for samsung to compete on facebook as a high percentage of iphone users only use their phones to make calls, take pictures and socialize on facebook!
So... samsung.. you picked the wrong place to place that poll!
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3009; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That's Samsung Mobile "USA" for you...try that survey on Samsung Mobile Korea...and you might get a different comment!! :D
26. Hemlocke (unregistered)
LG Optimus G?
40. Aeires (unregistered)
This. Run the same poll on Google+ and get different results. While it is embarrassing, I wouldn't put too much into it.
3. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
there is problem with this pic. having liked this page, i know when samsung posts something it gets 1000's of comments in no time even before getting likes. this pic shows 40,000 likes and only 7 comments. probably morphed pic.
and i did check the page 2 days ago when this news went viral. even though the post was weeks old, it still got comments by users saying Iphone5 which showed it was underattack from apple fans.
47. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
its' a public embarrasment for Iphone users why are you subscribed to Samsung Mobile to begin with? lol
53. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you know that you dont need to suscribe to read it right?
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2444; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
40,000 likes with 7 comments from iphone fans..........go figure
27. Hemlocke (unregistered)
3687 of the last 5000 were iPhone or iPad comments. Sammy finally shut it down.
28. Hemlocke (unregistered)
My bad, it's still up, and still being filled with iPhone 5.
9. E.N. (Posts: 2284; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
iPhone 5 is the correct answer, just ask Siri
31. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
why people didn't found it funny? dont people read other news and get where this idea is coming from? GAWD
63. E.N. (Posts: 2284; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'm glad at least someone caught my reference, lol
10. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Trolls always keep stalking enemy's base!
12. pankajgupta (Posts: 59; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
I would take a Sony Xperia Smartphone over Sammy or Apple. :) \m/
24. soshi (Posts: 154; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Absolutely, Xperia go, acro s or xperia v will make me feel safer to xplore with waterproof body.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Stupid iGenius love to spam... Kinda embarrass :(
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
LOL I just surf on samsung website...
One of the post:
FILL IN THE BLANK: The Next Big Thing in music will be ____________.
A lot of iphone 5....
14. paulyyd (Posts: 326; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Hah just went on there, not looking too good there Sammy
16. Iphone4 (unregistered)
With iphone you get best user experience yes I world pick iphone 4s not 5 it looks crap
17. B3BLW29 (Posts: 237; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
iPhoneArena seriously, a small screen shot out of so many likes n replies. Victor are u on evil fruit's payroll or PA's
19. tmcr7 (Posts: 153; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Nice move sheeps. You just placed Samsung on an article.
20. sskee (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
It is a good thing... even the i-fans are browsing and checking out on sammy... why do they do so? me won't even bother to check out on any i-news.. unless it overflow towards my visual...
22. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
ofcourse your in samsung mobile USA what more can you expect to the americans*
25. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I don't think they are checking out as it shows as a promoted page....not that they liked the page.
This is hilarious though.
32. grizzly3432 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
This is getting OLD!! If you want to be limited in using your smartphone then get the icrap 5. If you want a superior smartphone get a sags3 like I did. ;^)
33. DeVianTiCoN (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Im sure there are plenty of Sammy fans on apples page talking it down..
35. ihatemyiphone (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Can't wait to get rid of my iPhone and get the gs3 or the note 2 for Verizon
37. xtian1103 (Posts: 358; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
another wtf moment for samsung's pr department!
41. Aeires (unregistered)
Wouldn't be surprised if there were articles or comments on dedicated Apple sites encouraging people to spam the poll. I've seen dumber things happen on the internet.
42. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 856; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I love how all those people are saying iPhone 5 without having even tried it. It speaks volumes of the people posting there..
43. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
That's cause the iSheep will always stick with the same old tired design, tiny screen. We galaxy S3 owners along with other non iPhone users all know that it's just a glorified iPod to these people. Hell the galaxy s2 has better tech then iPhone and that's been out for over a year!!!!
GO SAMSUNG!!!! I love their new commercial!!!!
45. bongky (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Pathetic. It's obvious why people will pick iPhone. The largest segment of consumer market comprises of normal consumers who have no need for the complexity of Android. No offence but Android just doesn't appeal to the majority of the rich normal consumer.
Call Samsung win Apple with largest market share but deep down, you already know who's king with Apple bagging in >50% profits. We're more willing to give our money to Apple than Samsung cause we all know S3 or whatever is gonna become obsolete in 6 months and software support will only last for 12 months. With Apple, we are at least sure we will get 36 months of software support. Ask 3GS users, they will tell you.
P.S. Don't call the grape sour just because you're unable to eat it. Why make yourselves look so pitiful. Seriously.
46. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
If all these people would take an Iphone 5 with them, why are you subscribed to Samsung Mobile's posts??? sounds a little fishy to me o.0
50. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6429; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
& those users are idiots and shouldn't even be on SAMSUNG PAGE if their going to troll
51. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
guys check the iphone page on facebook they post this issue and voila most of the comments are s3. :-D
54. BattleBrat (Posts: 1070; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I'd pick an iPhone over an SIII, music is HUGE to me and the iPhone offers a LOD, however the GSIII offers a usb out, which works with curtain portable dacs, but I dunno if it works with audio devices (some android devices do) I personally would GREATLY prefer a SONY walkman phone based off the Sony Walkman X (google it, Magnesium frame glass front and acrylic back always thought the iPhone 4 and 4s should have has acrylic or Lexan backs) Imagine that mp3 player but with a 4.3in edge to edge screen a 2000mah battery and a modest processor (battery life is crucial for a music phone 40 hours music play time would be excellent, a modified Tegra w 4g compatibility would be nice, maybe a an OMAP 1.2ghz, I see no reason for more power than that) 1.5 gb of RAM (in my experience when a phone runs out of RAM it crashes, my RAZR never has however, and it only has a gig, so the ram isn't so important for this device) now this fictional Walkman phone would be my perfect desert island companion.
55. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
the irony.. people commenting on the Samsung page are being called itrolls etc.. but when we called them out in Apple articles.. they sing to a different tune.. lol..
56. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
works both ways get over it, fanboys on both sides
57. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
never said it was one side only.. dumb@ss... besides.. I can call you troll right?..
58. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
call me a troll but give evidence
and calling me a ''dumb@ss'' nice mature comment
also the fact you comment about trolling....your one of the worst. you always quick to go at android users and show your fanboyism in the dumbest ways