Samsung Exynos 5420 vs 5250: Nexus 10 loses miserably
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2013, 08:49 posted on
The reference board for the new Exynos 5420 processor from Samsung got pitted against the Nexus 10 with 5250, and as can be expected, it destroyed the older processor edition. It not only has beefier processor cores, but also a six-core Mali T-628 GPU, so the 3D rendering results were night and day. We can't wait to hear which will be the first device Samsung will place this bad boy into, as mass production starts next month. There is apparently a new Nexus 10 on the way, so that's where the powerful silicon might end...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It IS the new Nexus 10 in prototype state. In the old N10's defense, Android 4.2 crippled it's performance somewhat (bad thermal management, throttling, seemingly worked out for 4.3, prototype's probably running that). But the new N10 with the improved Octa and the monster T-628 can't come soon enough!
2. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Hope the New Nexus 10 isn't as ugly as the first
9. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
the huge bezel and the rounded body, it's my opinion it was ugly, some people agree, some don't.
11. Piotrek007 (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I personaly love N10 design, it is much better than Samsung other tabs, like galaxy...
13. icyrock1 (Posts: 307; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
What's wrong with Bezel on a tablet? I actually prefer to have some bezel on a tablet so I don't constantly end up accidentally opening apps.
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea you need to have a bezel on a tablet when they require two hand use, try using a edge to edge 10 inch tablet and your fingers will be constantly touching the screen even when you are just trying to hold it.
Tablets and phones shouldn't be designed exactly the same.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The GPU advancements are no joke as the Exynos 5420 put the 5250 to shame. This is screaming Note 3 all over it.
4. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
My Nexus 10 is the best performing device I own and I own all of the high end devices or did at one point so this will be ridiculous.
I think it will be about the same performance difference as the iPad 3 - 4, meaning not much. The hardware is way better but most people won't notice the difference.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9502; Member since: 14 May 2012)
2x GPU enhancement + 20% boost in CPU = visible performance.
8. Doppiadi (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Wait wait wait, a new chipset built to be faster than the old one is actually faster? Oh snap! :)
12. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Mali T628 MP6 vs Apple A7's GPU vs. Adreno 330 vs Nvidia 72 core Geforce ULP......Let the battle begin!
15. darkskoliro (Posts: 1032; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Still room for improvement :) Frame rates could be doubled on that tablet for smooth performance! Probably next year considering how fast technology is improving..