Samsung Epic 4G will be Sprint's second WiMAX phone with Android
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2010, 06:54 posted on
The Samsung Epic 4G is coming to Sprint's WiMAX network with one feature the Galaxy S lacked – a flash, plus a keyboard, and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mdw92581 (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 Feb 2010)
Oh man. Bootlegging just got easier I see.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3042; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Wow, what a phone....damn you sprint! This makes my moto droid look so weak.
3. fsjon (Posts: 119; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
I hope this can be unlock and use on any GSM network!!
4. gridlock (Posts: 31; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
LOL, it's Sprint, so - CDMA, good luck getting it on a GSM network :))
7. cellslanger (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 May 2010)
Try jamming your SIM card into the SD card slot, maybe it'll work. If it doesn't fit use a hammer to get that sucker in the rest of the way.
11. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
This method absolutely works. I endorse it 100%.
15. tuminatr (Posts: 693; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
did you guys miss the fact that this is the first GSM/ CDMA android for international roaming
17. cellslanger (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 May 2010)
Where did you read that? There is nothing mentioned in this article or in the specs about that...
19. tuminatr (Posts: 693; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
on engadget, but it was the preliminary spec guess we will see when it launches
5. remixfa (Posts: 14148; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why do they get the only flash version dangit!?! lol
6. droidman (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Mar 2010)
Man,what to get you got the Droid x coming out,now this phone , the dorid2 , the other three galaxy s models this is crazy and 6 months from now even more crazy shit technology is moving so fast.
9. bossmann20 (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
this is goin to give the evo a run for its money lol
10. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
It's a smart move by Sprint. First introducing Evo 4G crazy phone to attract attention then quickly introduce another 4G phone with QWERTY for some ppl's special liking...
16. Vegas89 (Posts: 51; Member since: 15 Mar 2010)
Yep, it's funny cause it's pretty much the same thing the did with the Hero and Moment, Hero came first followed by the higher stat Moment a few months later, now EVO came first followed by the higher stat Epic. Sprint gives you a cookie and then shows you the cake later lol
29. M3rkSauce (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 May 2010)
haha? besides the slide out keyboard the epic has nothing on the EVO..coming straight from a sprint rep. In this case i'd say Sprint gave you the entire cake first and then suprised you with a delicious muffin (epic). haha
12. omarc26 (Posts: 357; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
will this phone have a front facing camera for video calling like the evo?
22. pingpong (Posts: 145; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Tmo is getting the Vibrant. Same thing with no keyboard. Not a big deal breaker for me!
20. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
lame 4g wannabe phone has NO frontcam to take advantage of wimax
23. Mali Mal (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
to post 20 jrcrow79... hey ma dude are u crazy why dont u look up some specs before u critique. it has a vga front facing camera that can video conference on 3G, 4G which i have in NJ hahahaha and wifi.
28. AZNphoneGeek (Posts: 200; Member since: 15 May 2009)
rehTard haha. a front facing cam rocks!
25. scottmbolt (unregistered)
Wow, not too many bad things being said about Sprint and this phone, in this thread, I see. Looks like Sprint is quieting you Apple/VZW Fanboy losers.
26. mdw92581 (Posts: 131; Member since: 25 Feb 2010)
Sprint got it right. This is the perfect phone IMO
27. AZNphoneGeek (Posts: 200; Member since: 15 May 2009)
i'm stoked to to see this awesome surge of smartphone technology. shit is hitting the fan and it smells good (^_^)