Samsung Droid Charge now only $199.99 at Verizon
0. phoneArena posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:48
Verizon Wireless has cut the price of one of their 4G LTE devices as the popular Samsung Droid Charge is now only $199.99 with a new two-year activation or a qualified two-year upgrade…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Isaiahdotson posted on 10 Oct 2011, 20:57 2 0
um both the thunderbolt and the charge are still stuck on froyo and old software versions so no! They're still not worth the price
3. Thump3rDX17 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:10 0 2
the Thunderbolt was updated and the Charge is about to be.
7. Isaiahdotson posted on 10 Oct 2011, 22:13 5 0
the thunderbolt update was pulled due to bugs so not everyone got it. the thunderbolt is still on sense 2.0 and the charge is on touchwiz 3.0 but yet they wanna the same for as updated phones on other carriers. Verzion is overpricing in my opinion.
17. Thump3rDX17 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 01:13 0 0
ah okay, i agree with you now. at least the Charge will get the EXT4 fix without us having to root it.
13. codymws posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:09 0 0
I'm running Gingerbread on my Charge... unofficially, though...
2. android1234 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:08 3 0
Thunderbolt has been upgraded to gingerbread, and these phones are soon to be replaced. I think the 199.99 for the charge is still too high, should be 149.99
4. Thump3rDX17 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:11 3 0
the Thunderbolt and the Charge should be $179.99 and the Revolution should be $99.
5. Ian.M posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:27 5 0
I agree... the Revolution is still $199.99, which I think is too high
6. Epc916 posted on 10 Oct 2011, 21:40 0 0
give me another droid charge in stock and ill slang it for $100 out the door! haha
8. Joshing4fun posted on 10 Oct 2011, 22:16 1 3
These phones are so outdated by now it isn't even funny; I don't care that they have LTE. That doesn't make them good phones.
23. msa1988 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 08:09 2 0
It doesn't? I'm not sure if you have heard by now, but Verizon 4G LTE is kind of a big deal...
10. LLUVINGMYCHARGE (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 22:31 2 0
I have a Charge and this phone is great! I'm currently running the flawless Gingerbread leak(EP3H i think it's called) with a modified kernel(voodoo lagfix, sound and color all enabled). Once we get a Gingerbread kernel source released I can overclock this baby to 1.4ghz and undervolt like crazy for great battery life + insane performance. I get 2000 quadrants right now(1600 without lagfix enabled). With the overclock I could probably reach 3k quads.
CM7 is also in the makes for the Charge. It's booting and gets around 3000 quadrants without voodoo or anything.
This phone is incredible. With the GB leak i almost NEVER drop my 4g signal. Once this update goes official you will really see this phone fly.
14. GixxerRider311 (unregistered) posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:39 1 0
That's awesome you say that, I'm getting one as a work phone and I really hope I made a good choice, I played around with the demo unit at a Verizon store and it performs well but once the OTA update for GB goes out I'm sure it will be much better :)
11. The_Miz posted on 10 Oct 2011, 22:36 1 3
Oh WOW, what a GREAT deal on an Android phone. Yes, I should waltz to Verizon right now and pick it up because at that price it is an absolute STEAL.
22. kshell1 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 07:01 1 2
dont even get started a$$hole my kyocera echo may have been better as a 2009 or 2010 phone but it still better than your non customizable no choice white trash piece of $hit. android has bugs yes but thats because it is a younger os than ios and has kinks to be worked out which will probably be fixed in 4.0. what about your death grip? thats what i thought STFU. the prime will kill the iphone
12. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 10 Oct 2011, 22:40 1 0
Still better then all phones on sprint and at&t
15. Isaiahdotson posted on 10 Oct 2011, 23:59 1 1
not even. the evo 3d, SGS 2, Nexus s 4g plus the iphone on sprint is killing verizon right now. Verizon is yet to get the latest version of phones except the droid 3 and bionic and no one want them anyway.
19. Thump3rDX17 posted on 11 Oct 2011, 01:18 0 0
the Droid 3 is the s**t for what it's supposed to be. they're still selling like hot cakes. i know i love mine but if Verizon shows an initiative to Droid 3/Bionic adopters that are pissed about the RAZR out dating the phones in less than 3 months then i'll probably take advantage of it.
20. Penny posted on 11 Oct 2011, 01:26 2 0
Yeah $199 after the phone being out this long is not worth it. My brother got this phone for $180 at Costco when it first came out. Verizon took the opportunity to inflate the prices of its initial LTE handsets just because they knew it would still sell for the LTE.
21. Indian9990 (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2011, 02:38 2 0
Or you can get it for $129.99 at Costco with a car charger, case, and screen protectors :)