Samsung Droid Charge now only $199.99 at Verizon
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2011, 20:48 posted on
Verizon Wireless has cut the price of one of their 4G LTE devices as the popular Samsung Droid Charge is now only $199.99 with a new two-year activation or a qualified two-year upgrade…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Isaiahdotson (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
um both the thunderbolt and the charge are still stuck on froyo and old software versions so no! They're still not worth the price
3. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Thunderbolt was updated and the Charge is about to be.
7. Isaiahdotson (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
the thunderbolt update was pulled due to bugs so not everyone got it. the thunderbolt is still on sense 2.0 and the charge is on touchwiz 3.0 but yet they wanna the same for as updated phones on other carriers. Verzion is overpricing in my opinion.
17. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
ah okay, i agree with you now. at least the Charge will get the EXT4 fix without us having to root it.
13. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
I'm running Gingerbread on my Charge... unofficially, though...
2. android1234 (Posts: 135; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Thunderbolt has been upgraded to gingerbread, and these phones are soon to be replaced. I think the 199.99 for the charge is still too high, should be 149.99
4. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Thunderbolt and the Charge should be $179.99 and the Revolution should be $99.
5. Ian.M (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I agree... the Revolution is still $199.99, which I think is too high
6. Epc916 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
give me another droid charge in stock and ill slang it for $100 out the door! haha
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1231; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
These phones are so outdated by now it isn't even funny; I don't care that they have LTE. That doesn't make them good phones.
23. msa1988 (Posts: 418; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
It doesn't? I'm not sure if you have heard by now, but Verizon 4G LTE is kind of a big deal...
10. LLUVINGMYCHARGE (unregistered)
I have a Charge and this phone is great! I'm currently running the flawless Gingerbread leak(EP3H i think it's called) with a modified kernel(voodoo lagfix, sound and color all enabled). Once we get a Gingerbread kernel source released I can overclock this baby to 1.4ghz and undervolt like crazy for great battery life + insane performance. I get 2000 quadrants right now(1600 without lagfix enabled). With the overclock I could probably reach 3k quads.
CM7 is also in the makes for the Charge. It's booting and gets around 3000 quadrants without voodoo or anything.
This phone is incredible. With the GB leak i almost NEVER drop my 4g signal. Once this update goes official you will really see this phone fly.
14. GixxerRider311 (unregistered)
That's awesome you say that, I'm getting one as a work phone and I really hope I made a good choice, I played around with the demo unit at a Verizon store and it performs well but once the OTA update for GB goes out I'm sure it will be much better :)
11. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh WOW, what a GREAT deal on an Android phone. Yes, I should waltz to Verizon right now and pick it up because at that price it is an absolute STEAL.
22. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
dont even get started a$$hole my kyocera echo may have been better as a 2009 or 2010 phone but it still better than your non customizable no choice white trash piece of $hit. android has bugs yes but thats because it is a younger os than ios and has kinks to be worked out which will probably be fixed in 4.0. what about your death grip? thats what i thought STFU. the prime will kill the iphone
12. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Still better then all phones on sprint and at&t
15. Isaiahdotson (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Jun 2010)
not even. the evo 3d, SGS 2, Nexus s 4g plus the iphone on sprint is killing verizon right now. Verizon is yet to get the latest version of phones except the droid 3 and bionic and no one want them anyway.
19. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the Droid 3 is the s**t for what it's supposed to be. they're still selling like hot cakes. i know i love mine but if Verizon shows an initiative to Droid 3/Bionic adopters that are pissed about the RAZR out dating the phones in less than 3 months then i'll probably take advantage of it.
16. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Or you can get it for $99.99 at Best Buy.
20. Penny (Posts: 1647; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Yeah $199 after the phone being out this long is not worth it. My brother got this phone for $180 at Costco when it first came out. Verizon took the opportunity to inflate the prices of its initial LTE handsets just because they knew it would still sell for the LTE.
21. Indian9990 (unregistered)
Or you can get it for $129.99 at Costco with a car charger, case, and screen protectors :)