Samsung CEO issues a battle cry on employees, big software push to follow
0. phoneArena 05 Nov 2012, 05:22 posted on
Hot on the heels of 30 million Galaxy S III handsets sold, and 3 million Note IIs, Samsung Electronics' CEO is issuing a battle cry to the troops that 2013 is expected to be very sluggish for the world's economy, so they must come up with something really innovative to keep the company's momentum going...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
hopefully samsung will continue to produce great devices next year. looking forward to it
7. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
lets hope it puts my gs3 to shame >_< better come with android 4.2 out of the box too~
11. abdane (Posts: 474; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
it will definitely come up with the latest android version...
17. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
yeah S IV.
Google + Sammy = Unstoppable
16. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think beside great job with hardware SS should concentrate in what they are good at and avoid repeating what Google has done or will do.
S-Voice should go and instead SS should use Google's voice recognition API to create more features like launching videos or songs with voice.. And S-pen should be improved too.
Next year looks like a even better year for Sammy.
31. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
His ending sounds so cool.
'I will lead the way.'
Try it in a Darth Vader voice.
2. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
hopefully samsung will continue to produce great ANDROID! devices and wont switch to their own system
3. nobelset (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
My first phone was a Samsung in 2001. It was a flip phone and had no antenna, which was pretty cool back then. :DD
4. mercorp (Posts: 967; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
I hope they will take a chunk out of apple's market share.
Bring out the galaxy s4!
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Wow. This guy is so spot on.
Inspiring words coming from a CEO of the largest business corporation, how about that.
Maybe there is hope for this civilization after all
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Plus if I read this right, it means they will use android to build their own OS for the Galaxy series.
I still think forking is not what they will take because of the android apps, but we could basically see something like "android x" that relies on Samsung 's own updates instead of Google's.
9. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
If only HTC's CEO would think like him. HTC just doesn't have anything new to the Android table. They just keep recycling their products.
10. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
That's a darned good speech. I feel like working for Samsung because of that speech
RELEASE the Galaxy S4!!!
15. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Tim Cooks speech.
If we don't talk anymore, your fired
18. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
He should first focus on keeping current consumers happy and getting these software updates out in a timely fashion.
19. ithinkimjoe (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
So, everyone is just going to ignore the fact that he called his own company a follower aka a copycat? And touchwiz is still awful, a name change to Nature UX doesn't fix anything. And what's with the home button? trying to copy Apple still? I prefer the touch nav buttons on my GNex.
21. taz89 (Posts: 2009; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Follower means doing what everyone else is doing just like how apple followed others to make a smaller tablet...when he means innovating he means something what others are not doing like the note series... its not the most innovating but its something different...
25. taz89 (Posts: 2009; Member since: 03 May 2011)
To remain successful you can't keep doing the same things over and over again...eventually people will stop buying
26. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
... wasn't IOS 5 nicknamed Gingerbread?
20. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
when the unstoppable comes with the unbeatable = samsung galaxy s4
22. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
My contract is up in May. I hope the Galaxy SIV comes out in June!!!
23. muck1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
they need to do a better job at updated they android OS much faster ! if XDA can do it with in 2 weeks BIG Samsung could be able to do it with in a month and OTA by the next month
29. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Samsung need to pressure the cell carriers to STOP limiting and tier charging for data, otherwise the smart phone revolution is over and so is the rise of the hardware vendors.
30. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
The GS VI is like the Yeti. You only hear about it and never seen it. I'll look for some leaks for everyone onPA