Samsung ATIV S vs Nokia Lumia 900 vs HTC Titan II: specs comparison
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2012, 15:59 posted on
Exactly how better is the new ATIV S, compared to some of the best Windows Phones around? Well, let's compare its specs to those of the Nokia Lumia 900 and the HTC Titan II and find out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1105; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yeah we all know it will be the TOP windows phone as of right now.
14. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
yep. I agree with that. But only for a week. Can't wait for nokia to release its newest lumia. Hoping to have pureview.
16. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
it's not even on sale yet, how could it be the top windows phone "as of right now"?
It might not even be top windows phone when it launches if Nokia isn't just bluffing...
2. som (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Galaxy Ativ is going to kill Nokia. Nokia will file bankruptcy very soon.
3. SleepingOz (Posts: 2008; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
massive thumbsdown from Nokia fanboys soon!
4. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
The only way Nokia will go down is if they keep sucking ATT's balls. My assumption is most will try to avoid ATT. They will be satisfied with either an HTC or Samsung hero phone on their carrier. Example Tmo and the rumored odyssey (?AtivS). Sorry no mid range Nokia for me nor waisting time and money switching to ATT just for a pureview Nokia phone.
7. mudassarfa (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Nokia is only good for making basic model phones.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
nokia will make better Windows Phone devices...
sorry but samsung is better wtih android... but if nokia go android.. samsung is threaten... samsung was making WP devices a long time now.. and they dont even give it ads like they do to Android devices..nokia just make a WP this year yet it is the #1 WP manufacturer...
so i think sammy should continue to spport their own OS, TIZEN coz it will have a future..coz they say that HTML5 is the future.. and make more android devices....
same goes to HTC!!!
as for my opinion...if you buy WP, better buy a lumia.... rumor has it is that nokia lumia pureview is coming!!!
17. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I am hoping the fact that Sammy bragged on this today shows they are taking WP8 much more seriously than their WP 7 offerings. The Focus family were top performers of each generation that they were offered in, so just a little more support and some advertising would do wonders. Tizen is a much more expensive and long road to travel than WP is. While I am curious to see it in action, Samsung could thrive in both Android and WP with the exclusives they are developing.
Of course, Nokia is the premier WP handset maker. No doubt. Just saying this looks like a beast and is made from some good material. Well worth the luck if you are interested in WP 8.
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really dont know how will tizen gonna be expensive..sammy should make it avaiable to all market... the bada line was terrible and expensive..symbian is better....
so sammy should cheaper the hardware of this tizen..
remember that firefox OS is also HTML5? but mozilla said that this OS can run on $50 phone...so samsung should do the ame if they want to push tizen...
9. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Specs aside, i still prefer Nokia's design, although now it's getting a bit lame to recycle N9's body.
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
they should make major changes.... i'll wait for lumia pureview..
but honestly ativ s is a sexy phone... i dont knw why samsung's design with android is terrible but this is lovable...
10. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
other than having a dual core processor, higher screen resolution and running on WP8. The Nokia Lumia 900 still feel like a much solid build phone than the Ativ S
13. phitch (Posts: 214; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Because you have handled the AtivS already?
15. jove39 (Posts: 1126; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Underneath its SGS3 hardware...let wait and see what Nokia has to show!
20. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
PA honestly speaking you are killing time there is no way to compare old generation wp7 phones with wp8 phones.