Samsung ATIV S specs review
0. phoneArena 29 Aug 2012, 15:05 posted on
So, it turns out that Samsung announced the first Windows Phone 8 device ahead of Nokia. It's pretty strange, and probably a bit funny, but hey, don't expect Microsoft to hold other manufacturers from marketing Windows products only because of Nokia...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
the metallic back in 4th picture shows it has already got lots of scratches
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
The price will be very high I guess, on par with new iPhone at least and most likely more than that.
2. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Actually, MS already confirmed that WP8 supports up to 64 cores, but right now Dual-Core seems to be more than enough.
4. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
64 core processor
Battery life: 5 seconds
16. Dr.Phil (Posts: 969; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Actually, they have found the more cores is actually more efficient for battery life. Imagine each of those cores is running at 0.500 mhz instead of just one core just running at 1.5 ghz. That's part of the reason Tegra 3 is more battery efficient than Tegra 2 (the 5th companion core does get the most credit) while still being built on the same A9 architecture. The same goes for Samsung's quad-core Exynos A9 chipset versus the previous dual-core one.
3. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So it looks like WP version of the SIII? I like it!
5. e.wvu (unregistered)
It doesn't look entirely like an SIII at all, IMO.
17. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Sorry I didn't mean to say it physically looks like the SIII. I mean it seems like it's their WP version of the SIII if you know what I'm trying to say. Like how the Galaxy S series is their flagship Android phones, the Ativ is their flagship WP.
7. cdgoin (Posts: 377; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
WHAT Carrier ..? UGH I want the premium phones on Tmobile this time.. !
8. nwright94 (unregistered)
Looks like tmobile since it has 42 MBps hspa+
9. nwright94 (unregistered)
I want this so bad. Finally a great specced windows phone.
11. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
and i thought that S3 design was the best they could do ... this thing looks way better actually its back looks really nice
btw ..it some how similar to S2 design but improved
12. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The funny thing is that this wp8 model looks much more better and sophisticated than samsung's flagshiop in android realm.
Can't wait what Nokia will show. Support for multicarer (not if it is so necessary in windows world), much higher display resolution.
13. Veigald (Posts: 253; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
The back looks nice, but the front looks like yet another iPhone clone. But hey, you're never buying Samsung for design.
18. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Samsung Ativ S..its sexy and stylish...put the look of the S3 to shame... S3 is a beast... looks like a beast and feels like a beast and its just a beast....
Ativ S is a Sexy Beast while S3 is just beast....
but i still think they should change the WP8 family line...
android being "Galaxy" but Windows Phone being "Ativ" it should be like "Asteroid" or "Odyssey"... so i think sammy will remove ommina and focus line so that it will be just a unified family.. i wonder what will be the family line of tizen...if samsung is still working with that OS...
20. joey_sfb (Posts: 3923; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
What do you hope to achieve with your comment?
Windows 8 phone users are idiot?
I really wish M$ would pay more to get better designer for the UI, metro is disturbing as it does not follow basic design rules.
Using conflicting colors rather than complementary colors in their UI causes me stress.
19. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The front design looks inspired from the galaxy s2 but anways, I still like this phone...
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
why samsung didn't use this design for gs3 ? it's actually very cool, cooler than gs3
23. jeff1434325 (Posts: 95; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Now look at that!.. ain't that a very very very sexy yet powerful phone. I just cant wait to have this baby.
24. technreviews (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
does it possess NFC and when it is going to be launched