Pricing announced - Samsung ATIV Odyssey launching on Verizon January 24th
0. phoneArena posted on 23 Jan 2013, 19:28
Better late than never, right? If you have been waiting for Samsung’s Windows Phone entry in the US, it is possible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dorianb posted on 18 Jan 2013, 02:16 1
For some reason a 4" screen seems so 2010. Especially when *NEAR* edge-to-edge screens start to catch on more.
11. Droid_X_Doug posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:34 0
If this is the 'new and wonderful' news that was about to pop, it is more of a let-down. A pop, but not the positive kind. More like a balloon being burst.
10. fanboy1974 posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:21 0
Nokia is the one that signed that crappy exclusivity deal with AT&T over the 920. As a Verizon customer I'm not going to jump up and leave over one phone. If that was the case I would have been using a AT&T iPhone since 2009. I don't think Android would be this strong if Apple released the iPhone on all carriers in the very beginning. Nokia is repeating the same mistake.
12. Droid_X_Doug posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:35 0
Nokia is going to rue the day they signed an exclusive on the L920.
13. Whateverman posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:36 0
Yeah, I think the exclusivity deal left a HUGE void at all other carrier. I would like to believe Android could have made it to the top on its own merit, but with the iPhone on every carrier, that would have been extremely difficult.
3. tashreef posted on 18 Jan 2013, 06:02 3
In a competition with Nokia Lumia Series...forget it ..you not gonna make it....
17. MrJerry posted on 23 Jan 2013, 22:09 1
Put it this way
SGS4 or NOTE3 vs 920 or whatever Nokia will produce
Well, the world knows the answer except for Nokia fanboys
18. tashreef posted on 23 Jan 2013, 23:00 0
oh really...? how many Wp device samsung sold compared to Nokia lumia Wp7 devices and how many Ativ s compared to Lumia WP8 device ....
world knows the truth "including" Nokia haters.....
SG4 or NOTE 3 VS 920? that means you agree that SG3 and Note 2 are not as good as 920!....
and you r comparing SG4 and NOTE 3 with 920? which is still a rumor
19. MrJerry posted on 23 Jan 2013, 23:47 0
Of course I meant WP S4 AND NOTE3
I don't think WP version of SG3 and Note2 will come out? or maybe it's possible since they are good enough to compete with 920 and whatever Nokia's next phone :P
4. Obdabeast posted on 18 Jan 2013, 20:25 1
played with this phone.. it really impressed me compared to verizon's nokia and I carry the htc, you guys might change your mind playing with it.
5. techloverNYC posted on 19 Jan 2013, 09:58 1
phone looks like a joke compare to nokia's window phones......
Quality is not even on the same level....
9. mick25 (banned) posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:09 2
nokia is a joke
lumia 920 = banana phone with windows potato LOL
20. chaoticrazor posted on 24 Jan 2013, 10:13 0
banana phone......dont wanna know what banana's you been eating
and the capital ''LOL'' shows you tried and failed to be funny
so nokia isnt a joke you are
6. 7thspaceman posted on 19 Jan 2013, 19:08 0
Why is Verizon selling mid tech Windows smart phones. I think that the only windows smart phones people will be willing to go ion contract for are the Lumia 920 type high
def smart phones. Now if this smart Phones had a 4 inch high def screen with 16 gigs of memory that is expandable to 32 gigs with a micro SD card then I think People might go on contract to buy it but back off buying a mid tech smart phones on contract fpr 2 years
8. mick25 (banned) posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:02 6
nokia = failure
windows potato = failure
lumia = one giant failure
14. Droid_X_Doug posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:36 0
Which is why the carriers are not willing to make volume commitments on WP.
16. mick25 (banned) posted on 23 Jan 2013, 21:25 0
Neither are any manufacturers really, besides Nokia.
15. eli_waeterling posted on 23 Jan 2013, 20:38 2
anyone with a brain would buy the 8x over this pos, especially now that the 8x is $99
21. chaoticrazor posted on 24 Jan 2013, 10:16 0
8x a under-rated almost forgotten about phone that people should look at