Samsung 8.0” full HD AMOLED tablet screen coming on time, 10.1” AMOLED display delayed
0. phoneArena 28 Mar 2013, 07:13 posted on
Samsung launched the first tablet with AMOLED screen, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 more than a year ago, and this year the company plans to launch a successor…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I've been waiting for a supersized, hi-res amoled screen. I just want to know how the thing will look like!
13. oister85 (Posts: 480; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I think is going to be no different than the galaxy s4
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
once you come on the AMOLED track, you never go back!
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Delayed?! Nevermind, I'm still excited.
3. xhugopires (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
And what about Galaxy Note 8.0? It's not a tablet? o.O
4. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
a successor of a tablet w/ amoled screen..
hmm is it that hard to comprhnd?
anweiz why the dislikes on d odr comments? they ddnt say anythng wrong, or d Sony, htc, nokia and apple armies are around? oh theyr interestd w/ FullHd amoled tablet :)
oh ill accept d reds comin:)
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
It will be called with a new Name... STABLet .. a tablet with a Style :D
5. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Finally, they are coming, something to justify the prices, because now everyone knows that quality tablets can be made for budget, so now higher prices tabs would be the ones with AMOLED Screens. Awesome, now who would like to say that iPaD is still the Tablet King?
6. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Interestingly, Samsung is said to also bring a tablet that will match the extremely high 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution of the Nexus 10
make that the note 2 10.1 and im sold
18. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
i think wacom still cant handle high res panels..
:( waiting for that day
8. Planterz (Posts: 2038; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Nice. I was planning on getting a tablet soon, and was looking hard at the Note 8.0. But I want to wait to see what the Nexus 7 2 was going to have. Now I guess I'll have to wait until September. I don't need the S-pen.
9. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Welldone samsung. In future they produce affordable AMOLED screens too.
11. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Not interested if it is only sold to Verizon like the last one.
12. cR203 (Posts: 201; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Go Samsung. I can't wait for a tablet sized amoled display. I'll definitely be getting rid of my nexus 10 to get the new galaxy tab in September. I do hope they kinda follow the nexus 10 design and give the galaxy tab 3 nice rounded corners.
16. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The news doesn't add up. The older phonearena article said that the 2560 x 1600 AMOLED display was ready for production even before the Nexus 10 LCD.
I guess they need all the material for the GS4 and the 10.1 inch AMOLED is no longer ready for commercial production.
19. HarryWild (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
Looks like Apple's new iPad Mini Retina beat Samsung to the marketplace. Wonder how much Samsung will charge and if it going to be the same form factor or is it going to be the landscape 16:9 or 16:10 form factor. I hope it the former!