Sam's Club might have the best Black Friday deal of them all
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:19
We have seen some interesting deals as some retailers have had their Black Friday plans leaked when it comes to handsetsl; Sam's Club might have them all beat as the membership warehouse club is offering some smartphones for just 96 cents with a signed contract, including the Samsung Galaxy S II...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Ronref95 posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:36 4 2
The droid charge is HORRIBLE it takes like a minute just to load up the home screen almost every time i exit an app
3. GeekMovement posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:43 2 2
what? 21Mbps on At&t's HSDPA+?! That is unimaginable speed and especially on 3G with Sprint, the comparison is 180 (or I guess 360) degrees opposite...
I mean I just got 0.16Mbps on Sprint's 3G network mainly because they're going through technical difficulties and they pretty much suck for having its customers still pay the "premium data" fee, I don't even have 4G connectivity and I live near the city... at least I get 0.68Mbps on Wi-fi... not even 1Mb... sigh
now I want At&t galaxy S II hehe.
18. remixfa posted on 13 Nov 2011, 09:05 4 1
dont get too excited. ATT's network isnt actually capable of 21mb/s its only capable of 12.5mbs. They can call the phone "4g" because of its capabilities, not its real world usage.
But other than that... the SGS2 for a buck?? HECK YEA!!!!!
4. androidphan posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:53 3 0
That's neat. If you happen to live in one of the very few AT&T LTE markets. Why would you want to pay the same for less with AT&T? Verizon has more LTE, just as fast or faster, and gives you 4gb of data for same price. They also have 9 LTE phones to AT&Ts two, not to mention voice coverage & 3G coverage is way better. Just sayin...
5. GeekMovement posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:57 4 0
That's true Verizon's most likely a better carrier. I just had my eyes on the Samsung Galaxy SII lol. 96 cents!
16. networkdood posted on 13 Nov 2011, 08:43 2 0
HSPA+ is not LTE 4G, androidphan - the SGS2 runs on HSPA+21.....most places have that up and running, as for the SKYROCKET, you'd be correct.....
27. androidphan posted on 13 Nov 2011, 20:52 0 1
True. I forgot AT&T also calls that 4G. So I guess they have two 4G services now.... Surprised they don't boast about having 8G....
6. i3izkit311 posted on 12 Nov 2011, 22:59 3 1
Worth the 0.96, yes. But is the already outdated Samsung Charge worth the 2 year commitment... NO! Pass on this, please.
19. remixfa posted on 13 Nov 2011, 09:06 1 0
That would be because sams club doesnt resell Tmobile products.. :)
8. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Nov 2011, 00:18 2 0
hopefully the Charge will get it's Gingerbread update soon. that's really all it needs to be a truly fine device.
9. JayRaj posted on 13 Nov 2011, 00:57 2 0
Lol!! SGS II has "only" 4.3 inch display with "QVGA" resolution . A typo that makes you stare in wonder and check the specs again!! :D
10. fanboy1974 posted on 13 Nov 2011, 01:37 2 0
Sorry but I\'m paying $220 for the rezound come Monday, $50 off for corporate discount and $30 for new every 2. That phone is worth the money. Nexus should also be good. And don\'t count on Droid Charge receiving ice cream sandwich any time soon if ever.
The Samsung S2 is a very good deal but I\'m on Verizon. A 96 cent droid Bionic would have been a better deal for Verizon.
11. Penny posted on 13 Nov 2011, 01:42 1 0
Would suck if the Charge never gets Ice Cream Sandwich, would suck even more if it never gets Gingerbread. What was one of the top Android phones Verizon had available just months ago is still on Froyo.
13. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Nov 2011, 02:26 1 0
it\'s definitely getting Gingerbread and it will hopefully receive ICS too. the rest of the Galaxy S Line is getting it so i don\'t see why the Charge wouldn\'t.
20. remixfa posted on 13 Nov 2011, 09:07 1 0
because its considered a Droid not a GalaxyS (even though its just an Epic with LTE)
23. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Nov 2011, 12:32 1 0
that's actually all the more reason it should get updated. Droid branded handsets stay updated much better than anything else other than the Nexus. ;P
26. remixfa posted on 13 Nov 2011, 16:46 2 0
well.. ya got me there.. lol.
14. sinfulta posted on 13 Nov 2011, 04:55 1 0
I'm pretty sure you can't combine those. It's either one of the two.
21. idaman12000 posted on 13 Nov 2011, 09:42 1 0
Htc rezound is worth the $ to buy it. I got mine two days ago and i like the phone alot. Good luck with yours.
15. androidphan posted on 13 Nov 2011, 06:49 4 0
Charge may not be the best phone vzw has but I'd take it on Verizon's network over any phone on AT&T or sprint. Charge getting gingerbread this month. My advice, save your pennies and get a razr or nexus. Gotta think long term when it comes to phones.
17. networkdood posted on 13 Nov 2011, 08:45 2 0
The wife is def going back to Verizon.....man, that is going to be a tough choice....amazon has the razr at 199.99 for new customers....nexus prime will be out sometime this month.....
28. androidphan posted on 13 Nov 2011, 20:54 1 0
Tough choice... Razr is really sweet, I'm sure nexus will be epic too though. Look at it this way, you can't possibly make a bad choice.