ST-Ericsson to showcase a 3 GHz smartphone chipset with global LTE radio at MWC
0. phoneArena 21 Feb 2013, 05:35 posted on
NovaThor L8580 is built with the modern 28nm process and ST-Ericsson claims it allows speed "normally reserved for the PC market,” as well as 35% reduction in power consumption compared to leading ARM-based chipsets at similar frequencies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
watch out qualcomm here comes Sony....................
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
a9 can't outmatch s600 or s800...i guess
5. blingblingthing (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Guess is right. Smaller processors as far as I know should only expect a lower power consumption at the same clock speed as far as I know.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
sony is already using the snap dragon S4 in the Z bro lol but hey whos to say they wont consider ST in the future, that is if the S800 doesn't already have that spot ;)
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
11. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
its about time qualcomm has some competition from someone other than Sammy!
12. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I don't think ST - Ericsson (Joint venture between ST Microelectronics and Ericsson) belongs to Sony. Sony Ericsson was a joint venture between Sony and Ericsson and Sony bought the share of Ericsson in that particular venture not the Ericsson company itself.
3. chocolatebear76 (Posts: 122; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Sony got nothing to do with ST ericsson anymore,they are both different companies
4. nikenturd (unregistered)
To see is to believe
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now I'd like to see the A7 from the big little configuration, put into a 12 core 1.4Ghz SoC :p
I think the optimal solution is yet to be found
9. Lyngdoh (Posts: 236; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The 6.44" Togari might use this beast. Remember the rumour that "neither qualcomm nor nvidia is in the mix"?
16. romeo1 (Posts: 706; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I was thinking the same thing maybe sony already had some inside info to make that statement.
Before this news i was almost certain it would be the exynos
14. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
This is impressive...
Global LTE ...great
28nm great for batter consumption.
power VR sgx544 great...