ST-Ericsson to showcase a 3 GHz smartphone chipset with global LTE radio at MWC
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Feb 2013, 05:35
NovaThor L8580 is built with the modern 28nm process and ST-Ericsson claims it allows speed "normally reserved for the PC market,” as well as 35% reduction in power consumption compared to leading ARM-based chipsets at similar frequencies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sonofzeus posted on 21 Feb 2013, 05:46 4 2
watch out qualcomm here comes Sony....................
5. blingblingthing posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:06 0 0
Guess is right. Smaller processors as far as I know should only expect a lower power consumption at the same clock speed as far as I know.
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:10 2 0
sony is already using the snap dragon S4 in the Z bro lol but hey whos to say they wont consider ST in the future, that is if the S800 doesn't already have that spot ;)
11. PhenomFaz posted on 21 Feb 2013, 07:29 2 0
its about time qualcomm has some competition from someone other than Sammy!
12. predator93 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 07:30 4 0
I don't think ST - Ericsson (Joint venture between ST Microelectronics and Ericsson) belongs to Sony. Sony Ericsson was a joint venture between Sony and Ericsson and Sony bought the share of Ericsson in that particular venture not the Ericsson company itself.
3. chocolatebear76 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 05:59 10 0
Sony got nothing to do with ST ericsson anymore,they are both different companies
4. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:04 0 0
To see is to believe
8. darac posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:25 0 0
Now I'd like to see the A7 from the big little configuration, put into a 12 core 1.4Ghz SoC :p
I think the optimal solution is yet to be found
9. Lyngdoh posted on 21 Feb 2013, 07:01 0 0
The 6.44" Togari might use this beast. Remember the rumour that "neither qualcomm nor nvidia is in the mix"?
16. romeo1 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 11:42 0 0
I was thinking the same thing maybe sony already had some inside info to make that statement.
Before this news i was almost certain it would be the exynos
14. sats.mine2k4 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 09:33 0 0
This is impressive...
Global LTE ...great
28nm great for batter consumption.
power VR sgx544 great...