SIM-free Nokia Lumia 800 delayed until 2012
0. phoneArena 08 Nov 2011, 18:00 posted on
Clove Technology, stated in its blog today that the SIM-free version of the Nokia Lumia 800 will be delayed until January 2012...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
I like phone with Sim card to save all my phone numbers.
2. baldilocks (Posts: 424; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Ummmm, the article means that the unlocked non-carrier version is delayed..... :shakes my head:
3. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Thank's for clearing that up I was wondering what in the hell they were talking about. I was thinking if they meant a CDMA version but why would anyone call it "SIM-free"
5. robinrisk (unregistered)
lol it seems like som has never used android before :P
Sim card for saving phone numbers, thats funny!.
4. yuioo (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
The delay is for Clove Technology only or the whole UK?? I'm confusing...
6. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i think the sim free version is delayed because the carrier sponsord versions are showing great pre-orders/sales and nokia can not meet the supply demands.
7. Glim12808 (Posts: 384; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ah yes, that's probably the reason for the delay!
8. kamen (Posts: 76; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
It may still be the price, though. Granted that Telefonica refused to subsidize Lumia 800, Nokia surely is aware that the price is not very competitive.
So, here comes Apple's strategy - make the phone look cheaper (and competitive) by not letting it go free. After all, Titan is mere £30 more that Lumia 800 SIM free.
9. yuioo (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Well, I'm not sure but I saw one on Three website, £399.00 (VAT Inc.) available for pre-order. And it said the earliest delivery will be on Fri 18 Nov, 2011. :)
10. yuioo (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Oh sorry, the phone I mentioned is not a sim-free. It comes with 3's pay as you go sim. But it's still a good price for me compare to the other retailers'.