S Voice puts down the Apple iPhone
Considering that Samsung's S Voice was inspired by Siri, it is not surprising to see some of that sass rub off on Samsung's own voice activated personal assistant. Ask S Voice if it is Siri and it replies, "I like to think I am." S Voice tries to be a pacifist though, and when you ask if it likes Apple, S Voice says it has no problems with anyone, but it is loyal to Samsung.
While S Voice tries not to stir things up to the extent that its response could start off a melee like the one seen in Microsoft's latest ad, when you ask if it has ever used an iPhone, the response is, "No, I have standards." Uh-oh. Sounds like fighting words to us!
1. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
*sigh*..this whole apple vs samsung thing seems to have gotten really immature. =|
2. YaBoiDre10 (Posts: 84; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I don't think so. I just think its friendly competition.
29. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
i meant to say it in a way that..look at the comments in this section.now i'm a full blown geek when it comes to mobiles and android but seriously? these are just mobiles at the end of the day and people fuss about it like there hands will dissolve if they hold a samsung made of 'cheap' plastic or like apple is a totally evil company.over-zealous fools.samsung and apple both are great companies at their respective offerings. and btw my comment was directed towards PA's social community and not apple and samsung as companies.
3. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
the problem is that these plastic dumbheads cant do anything! Svoice was awful and became useless after the launch of google now! with passage of time all gimmicky features of samsung will be available to stock android by google and then Samsung will fall...
4. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
whats the point of these stupid things like those ads and this...If samsung makes a good device, they should show its features only and stop criticizing others...these things just show the low standard of Samsung and nothing else
10. shuaibhere (Posts: 1962; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You're saying about microsoft right?????
5. twens (Posts: 855; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
If samsung wasnt making good products it wouldnt be the only manufacturer making good profit out of android. You guys are just bunch of haters, your stupid iphones are left in the past and you can't deal with it. Wake up cos the galaxies are smarter and day by day people are getting to know about them.
6. nd_arn (Posts: 14; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
microsoft ad . he he he . its better than s voice
7. hamidd (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I like S Voice when answering about famous people. for example: When was Einstein born?
I read in AndroidWidgetCenter that It uses Wolfram Alpha to search for famous places and people.
28. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
try out maluuba on the play store.blows s-voice outta the water.
15. ama3654 (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Siri was a copy of other voice assistants before it you know, I'm sure Apple invented everything in your own world, i hope you wake up, the world has moved on!
13. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I prefer siri over s voice mainly because i can actually get siri to work.......
18. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Svoice works too, you just have to choose and set your accent before using it.
Google Now PWN them both though!
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 17115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Google now can talk smack about Siri, but not s voice...it needs a lot of work.
20. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I like the Korean SVoice more than the Stupid American SIRI (and I'm African-American).
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 17115; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What does race have to do with it dude?
27. DANTExphone888 (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sorry 'bout that just trying to prove a point about Joey18 said that samsung was a STUPID KOREAN COPYCAT.
21. sam3k (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 May 2013)
This competition is very necessary in pushing the industry foward.
22. Aeires (unregistered)
That's why Google Now blows them both out of the water. When I need an answer, just give me the information and leave the less than witty banter out of it.
23. Blazers (Posts: 369; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
The first thing I did when I got my Note 2 was to disable S-Voice. Who needs it since there's google now?
24. droidboy (Posts: 34; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I have used... siri, voice, and Google now for a while now. I have to say s voice is dumb. It hardly ever understands what I ask it to do. Siri is a little better but just barely. To be honest Google now is the clear winner. I feel like it is the most helpful and best designed of the three. I think sir I does an o.k. job ... I would like to see improvements but Google now is on iOS so I am not to worried. S voice is a bad joke of a voice assistant.
25. alouden (Posts: 374; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Thanks. it's not too often you get an unbiased assessment. Usually assessments consist of: "samsung sucks..." "Siri stinks..."