S Voice knows all about Apple, little about Samsung
0. phoneArena 23 May 2012, 07:26 posted on
When a company makes a voice assistant app, it’d better make sure it works like the magic mirror on the wall from the tale and doesn’t mistake who’s the fairest of them all…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mercorp (Posts: 998; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
CANNOT EVEN TELL YOUR BOSS.
2. rd_nest (Posts: 1389; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
@PA, the question itself is wrong. Don't anybody here know that Samsung has MULTIPLE CEOs?
10. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
For what..... Did u get a warning....
27. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1166; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
well S voice should say the company has several bosses this one and this one and this one
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Never shift your eyes from your enemy! Thats why S Voice knows all about Apple! :D
5. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because S Voice gets it's answers from Wolfram|Alpha like you said in the article, it's not S Voice that doesn't know, it's Wolfram|Alpha's fault. If Samsung gave it it's own answers I'm sure S Voice will know a lot less.
21. rd_nest (Posts: 1389; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
True. Just to prove what you mentioned, check this:
It shows no answer!
6. -box- (Posts: 3984; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Wow, another pro-apple article from Victor. Who'd have thought?
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
This article isn't pro apple .
He is just reporting the news .
Both s voice and Siri rely on wolfram alpha anyway so blame wolfram alpha for that !
You really live in a box
15. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Tech sites, blogs and the media can choose to report only some of stories they deem "newsworthy" - i.e. stories that are reflect favourably on a certain brand (for whatever reason). That's what box probably meant.
Still, Victor did also mention the blunder about Siri not saying the iPhone was the fairest smartphone of them all. So where is the bias? Often times, only those that are biased see bias in others (especially when it doesn't agree with their own (sub)conscious preferences).
In any case, PA is just sharing something amusing here. Nothing to get too worked up about. :)
8. jove39 (Posts: 1588; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Obsessed with Apple...well...infact no one knows who is ceo if samsung!
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
What is the best phone for Samsung?
Svoice : Im sorry....
What is the best phone for Nokia?
Svoice : Lumia 900!!!!
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
anyway... just feel that svoice has betrayed android :(
13. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Is it me or is PA always talks about good things after the release on an Apple devices and always report bad news mostly when it comes to Samsung and all other android devices?
Myb it's just me
22. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nope you are 110% correct and especially come from iVictor!
14. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
And I prefer a video, cos an apple fan could have simply have photoshopped the image we all looking at, and try to make Samsung look bad. Well maybe I'm just bn a typical media student who knows a thing or two about journalism. Just sayin
16. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
It's also amazing how we turn to believe a story that doesn't have much proof in it. The source is anonymous, there is no video whatsoever to prove all this. Or myb I missed the memo, somebody direct me pls
17. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
And again doesn't Samsung have different CEO under different decisions?
Anybody who can also clarify that for me?
18. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Just looks to me like the various presidents of the various companies that go under the name of Samsung want a little privacy. If you really need to know there are certainly enough other ways to find out, after you decide WHICH Samsung you want to know about.
19. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Samsung is a big company
There are many divisions.....
No wonder the s voice cant answer for that question..........
20. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 651; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
One last thing, I stand to be corrected
Doesn't it say "what would you like me to do?"
Instead of "what would you like to do?"
24. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats because it doesnt matter who the CEO for Samsung is
26. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
keep ur friends close but keep ur enemies closer
another act of wisdom