Russian carrier MTS sings Windows Phone’s praises, turns its back on Apple
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2013, 19:14 posted on
Andrei Dubovskov, CEO of OAO Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) explained in no uncertain terms how it has...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
A Microsoft a day keeps 'the' Apple away.
3. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Hope to see other carriers follow suit. Really, I'd like to see subsidies and exclusives come to an end as well, and just have financing options available like T-Mobile does.
10. Bernoulli (Posts: 2127; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Or you can just switch to t-mobile and ditch at$t
20. Bernoulli (Posts: 2127; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
then why did you use to support at$t when the lumia 920 came out? haha sure fooled me man!
4. timezone (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
It takes a village to sell phones. You need buy in from the manufactures, mobile companies and the retail outlets. With those elements in place and a great phone and OS the public will buy. Nokia and Windows phone beats iPhone and Android. The public just needs the chance to experience the phone without retail salespeople making stupid statements. Such as the windows phone is buggy, no apps or just get an iPhone because we know better.
5. andrexx24 (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
"Nokia and Windows phone beats iPhone And Android" according to who? You plus 30 people in in the whole planet? Are we speaking about planet earth? Lol
6. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
Wat a news..., it made my day... Slowly all other carriers will start doing the same and it will really mark the decline of apple
14. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
ya ya.they r such a money minded company
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3570; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Windowsphone devices are gaining respect in their own right.. I'm not concerned if WP beats the competing I just want to see WP get more respect from developers, OEM's, Carriers, sales associates, and Microsoft... When WP reaches critical mass then a chain reaction will happen.. I'm positive we will get what we want from a mobile device, and we won't have to settle for only two options.. Two boring options.
8. SingDaFire (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
And i believe in 3-4 years WP will easily overtake apple for the 2nd spot if not the 1st
9. Credo (Posts: 702; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Why not sooner as Nokia has more and more money to spend on marketing their sexy and gorgeous device's?
22. RobotMan (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why not tomorrow then. Dream can be sweet.
11. speckledapple (Posts: 886; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
And that is why Apple will eventually struggle down the road. Maybe not now but eventually something will pop up
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 3836; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Microsoft history ->http://www.ecis.eu/documents/F
You can't be a fan without knowing it's history!
16. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I saw boost from android sales when major apps supported android. If major apps supported wp, it will definitely surpass iOS. Wp is a very good platform, it only needs good apps to keep it from gaining more traction.
19. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It already has good apps. Granted not official versions, but functional third party ones for the rare ones that aren't supported.
I personally have never understood the "app-lust". I use my phone like my computer: Internet Explorer for anything online-related, Office for documents, and the individual games for entertainment, and Zune or WMP for onboard media.
21. timezone (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
The windows phone probably has 90% of the major apps from the original companies. What is missing are the apps from smaller companies. You want a fitbit, onstar or a similar specialized app you still have to wait. Instagram is the most famous notable missing app at the moment. Depending on ones needs these misses can be important. However if you care more about the larger general subject apps...windows phone have them.
Don't let one or two missing apps or people telling you the windows phone is bad. They just want to stop you finding and discovering a great smartphone.