Rush Limbaugh says Apple is Republicans and Google is Democrats
0. phoneArena 05 Aug 2013, 09:27 posted on
"I would venture to say that nine out of 10 bloggers writing high-tech hate Apple," Limbaugh pointed out in one of its arguments. "Apple is the equivalent of the Republicans on these blogs"…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Cha7520 (Posts: 175; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
Apple- Overpriced, outdated, uppity people. Google- Price is right, cutting edge technology, and everyday people...yup...sounds about right! LOL
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1106; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I am really thinking communist then republican
12. idroidequis (Posts: 101; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Didnt realize apple forced you to work for others and owned all your business. You have no idea what a communist is do you...
20. duder52 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
If you are part of the apple ecosystem, you are under apple's control and must do as they say. You do not have the freedom of choice. Got an app that apple suspiciously doesn't like? Not allowed in the store. Want a custom ringtone? Must use itunes. Must use itunes for everything. Want a custom DEFAULT browser or DEFAULT keyboard? Forget about it. Must use apples. Even with a "jailbreak" you still can't do all of these things. Apple is all about control. So maybe not exactly communist, but more like a dictatorship.
32. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
Ya I wanted to say apple is a dictator but here you said it before
39. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Very true+1 that includes Darkjedi Fanboy™
And he criticised me and my wife. Look how nasty this rotten company is. He praises and loves Apple. No wonder Droid does was right.
Apple needs to be Bankrupt. Right now ™ every company should stop supplying goods and services to them
50. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Actually, your point only proves what an iDiot Limbdouche is; DarkestofJedddiiiii is a Democrat whose head explodes if you say anything about his DaddyBama and he owns and loves his iThingy; conversely, I am more of a rePublikan and I simply abhor iRubbish, my huge Galaxy Note 2 is what does it for me. My friends (also who aren't Dems') also love their Androids!
56. Doakie (Posts: 587; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Yeah... I'm pretty conservative and at one point considered myself a Republican. And the only thing I hate more than Rush Limbaugh is Apple. I've always thought Rush was obnoxious and a very poor leader for conservatives to idolize. Apple is the OS for more simple minded people who don't like complexity and I don't think political party lines holds an exclusive to simple minded following. But again that's only my personal opinion.
95. apocalypsebc (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
So you only have RePub friends? I have both parties as friends. I also agree with you about limbo. Some people are pathetic.
94. darkkjedii (Posts: 7731; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I know you'll check back, so I've one word to say. Limited...
54. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 721; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Thank you! That's exactly why Apple = Liberalism in the tech sense.
99. Cellphonator12 (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Was thinking exactly the same! Apple is about big government, wants to control everything, wants you dependent, Google is about entrepreneurship, creativity and freedom.
61. Caralho (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
Rush Limbaugh is a name that part of America listens to... Yeah, the lunatic part!!! lol
31. Dr.Phil (Posts: 788; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'll just leave this here for everyone to educate themselves:
51. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Wow, I'm so far off to the right that I fell off the scale??
Damn, no wonder I'm no fan of his LameDuckness aka Da' prez'!!
100. Topcat488 (Posts: 782; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Why is it so important for you to tell us your life... We DON'T care, now, miss far right, get in there and do the dishes. Our President won two terms in a row. Let it rest.
104. donfem (Posts: 386; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Very fortunate to witness an apparent exhibition of the highest form of ignorance. If you were blonde....
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Disagree to a certain extent. iPhone 5 still holds its ground to flagships today.
22. designerfx (Posts: 47; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
since when, exactly?
I don't even mean this in terms of hating on the phone as much as the competition has improved far faster on both UI and hardware capability.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's fluid running iOS 6. Still one of the best cameras on a smartphone. Still has a beautiful design. Still has a all around great ecosystem.
59. bvalde09 (Posts: 171; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
however battery life is crappy and cannot accomplish one of the simple task in the world. Send a damn mp3 via bluetooth and make it work. iphone 5 is great dont get me wrong but It time to say "Apple the world is bigger than you think"
60. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did you just say battery life sucks on the iPhones 5? You don't know what you're talking about.
90. Damo579 (Posts: 98; Member since: 18 May 2013)
My fiancé gets 5 hours maybe 6 of bettery life on her iphone 5. I get 11-14 hours on my Lumia 920 so yes battery life is horrible. I know people with iphones that complain about the battery life also.
77. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Haha fluid, yea a glorified app launcher should be. It no longer has the best camera though. iPhone 5 is old hat now. You haven't use many other cameras if you think this, either that or you're a blind fanboy
84. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Blind fanboy for saying the iPhone 5 is still a great smartphone? Fanboy even when I'm rocking a GS3? Just because it's an Apple product doesn't mean it sucks. Lol what a disappointing comment.
Read comment #21 please.
40. Luuthian (Posts: 163; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
The iPhone 5 runs smoother with a dual core setup than some Android's do with quad. Not to mention the graphics chip in the phone is still incredibly powerful.
Specs are often mistaken as determining consumer experience. That couldn't be far from the truth.
48. Chakra (Posts: 96; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
I agree, but it's not above Apple to use the hardware angle when they are better as well when it suits them
67. tedkord (Posts: 3393; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It runs slightly smoother with half the cores doing an eighth as much. Whoopdedoo.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google being akin to democrats is true as they like to control, force things upon users that they do not want, and abuse their power and reach in many ways.
17. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Google is akin to Democrats, who would appear to be about choice and personal freedom, but is actually about monitoring your life and tailoring it to its values, all the while raking in huge corporate profits.
Apple is akin to Republicans, who would appear to be about doing things Right, but is actually about dictating how you should live your life and tailoring it to its values, all the while raking in huge corporate profits.
55. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
AppleCare is useful yet optional. Obamacare is forced yet costly and poorly implemented.
74. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2437; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iTunes isn't required to activate an iPhone.
76. Sniggly (Posts: 6194; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It is required to put music on an iPhone, though. That's pretty damn restrictive.
Mxy, some days I seriously wonder how your body functions while you type here, since you exhibit such low brainpower you can't possibly operate your necessary life functions while spouting your bullcrap here.
102. lyndon420 (Posts: 1359; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Why enable him/it? That's what it wants...to grab your attention. Put some salve on it, look away, and treat him/it like a bad rash. Maybe it will go away with some self control.
78. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1328; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not anymore because they realized how stupid and restrictive it was LOL
87. gazmatic (Posts: 501; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
it is all about profits
whether it is politricks or mobile devices
i wish more commenters were as astute as you are
24. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 350; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
he's not really right... blog writers love apple (not sure why, high price, mediocre tech usually = fail) it's the blog commentators that hate apple. i actually hate apple less than i hate their iFollowers, man, those guys are uppity, delusional and just plain annoying
35. phonemonkey (Posts: 135; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
you can call something overpriced but I don't think that you are the one to determine what overpriced means.
Google is lower because typically the phones are cheaper and of poor build
As for why the writer of this article thought it had anything to do with phone news... I am confused
49. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1473; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
bloody hell does no one know what communism means!!!
58. Zero0 (Posts: 533; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Pretty sure that paying workers pennies an hour is the antithesis of what Marx wanted.
85. RomeoJDR (Posts: 236; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
And where does Apple find workers where they can pay those wages to? Under China's communist regime.
88. Zero0 (Posts: 533; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
"Communist" only in name of party.
"Communist regime" is something of an oxymoron; communism is, by definition, a stateless society (classless and moneyless as well, but you still find those two things in China).
Thus the point about people not knowing what communism is. I dare you to find me an extant communist society larger than a few dozen people, or a historically large one that lasted more than a couple of decades.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm sorry bit this guy is a joke. Bloggers talk bad about Apple? Clearly he's never been on CNet. Every website praises Apple for it's products, but disapprove of their behavior in the legal system. Two different things buddy.
6. Sauce (Posts: 417; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Exactly. He's just a bimbo with a helium inflated brain.
11. idroidequis (Posts: 101; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Id say the fans are complete opposite. Apple fans=democratic Android fans=Nazis
No other fans have so much hate for either iso or wp8 than android fans. Which does not reflect google who always does things to help people weither it be cheap and high end like google fiber and the nexus line. Wtf is with that fandroids you guys give google a bad name. Ill be the first to admit google>apple but all android fans are so wraped up around sammys nipples like a newborn, that they give google a bad name. Apple has no beef with google... Just samsung. Why is that you think? Google is like the guy who rather walk the road less traveled and samsung and apple are the two delinquents fighting in the dirt.
18. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
U proved urself wrong by writing so much out of ur hatred for Android. Android fans dont hate iOS/WP. We appreciate it. Its just that Android fans dont like limitations in these limited OS & its high price.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4140; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I like iOS, WP8, and webOS. They all push each other to do better. (Except webOS, which is no longer available.)
66. MartyK (Posts: 651; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Amen!, tell them again, Android users do not hate IOS/WP/ or any other OS, We love when technology move forward no matter who's doing it.
We hate when their fans come in spitting the same lie their OS provider tell them without any proof nor back up; and When someone sue someone over some BS patents.
97. idroidequis (Posts: 101; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
People are not limited my the products they buy. But by what they can achieve with it. You are dumb to think you are a prisoner of what you buy when you are the master over it. You think ISO is limited by its specs and is limitations yet it has achieved more in 5 years than windows OS has in 30years.
103. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 392; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Now this is the thing I'm talking about. (Same has been highlighted by MartyK in above comment). U like an OS, so u start bashing everyone who doesnt love iOS & troll like this. U are obviously an iPhone fan. Congratulations on having an iPhone but u calling me dumb for stating the obvious is proving ur hatred for Android again & again. Do you have any reason for hating Android? This kinda attitude is what is not liked by anyone.
As far as OS limitations is concerned, There is no doubt in anybody's mind that iOS is very limited as far as features is concerned. WP is little better than iOS in this regard. Android is far ahead in terms of features. We Android users love android for its flexibility, ease of use, options & vastness. I like iOS for its simplicity/usability. Like WP for the same.. We Android users dont hate any OS. Is that difficult to understand.? iOS has introduced true multitasking+various other useful features etc now in iOS7. Its great they are catching up.
And your argument that "iOS has achieved more in 5 yrs than windows OS has in 30yrs" is totally ur opinion. A lot many would agree that windows has led the way to bring phenomenal development in computing, everyone followed. I can accept this fact that Google followed MS. But can u accept this fact that Apple also did the same?
45. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It's war Luke Steve jobs said. Android vs Apple
What was Steve's last dieing wishes......? Sadly that was a dream. Android 80% world and will dominate 90% in cars, electronic everywhere will be Android.
13. wgaurav (Posts: 22; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
I think finally he will praise Obama as he saved ban on "Republican" Apple. This guy is such a joke.
14. idroidequis (Posts: 101; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
He is really literally not that far from being the west burrow baptist church. Of the news world.