Rumors of a Nexus 8 joining the lineup in the fall seem too baseless for us
0. phoneArena 13 Jul 2013, 13:56 posted on
We've seen the rumors circulating, and we've received a number of tips from readers on the topic, so we wanted to address it directly, because the first thing you read on a topic is likely to stick. And, we'd rather that first thing be some healthy skepticism, rather than blind hope. That said, yes there are rumors that Google will add a Nexus 8 to the lineup in the fall, but as yet we see absolutely no reason to put any faith in the claims...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Eight inches is a little too big for my hands anyhow. Seven inches is the sweet spot.
Oh, of all the things I'd ever thought I'd say... that wasn't one of them.
22. LordDavon (Posts: 108; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I've got an iPad (3rd gen) and a Mini, but I've always liked the 7 inch tablet space. I went from a Kindle Fire, then the Samsung Galaxy 7.0, and then Nexus 7. I got rid of the Nexus when I got my Note II, but got a JXD S7300 for gaming. I liked I 7" tablet size, but still wanted something a little bigger.
I was at Best Buy the other day and got to hold the new Galaxy 3 8.0. I was amazed at that size, and now that is my next purchase.
25. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lets hope they only decrease its bezels and make it same size like 7'' nexus....
28. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
8 inch with lesser bezel should maintain the dimensions. But i dont believe the render above to be legit.
2. imkyle (Posts: 1032; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
I like the 7inch form factor myself. Holding the back of the tablet with one hand in portrait mode is very nice.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1369; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
prefer my 10 inch tablets! 8 is a good mid level 7 inch to small for me but 10 inches perfect for me
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hmmm would be good but I don't think its really needed....with the 2nd gen nexus 7 out I hinkmthat will be awesome!
5. Birds (Posts: 1062; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I think a Nexus 8 should be a successor as long as it has the thin bezel like the Nexus 7. I held the Galaxy Note 8.0 and was surprised that it was not much bigger than the Nexus 7. At first glipmse, I though they were the same size until I held them next to each other. I mean if the size is an incremental upgrade like how I suspect the Nexus 5 will be (and hopefully a Nexus 11), then I'll be pleased.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hope the Nexus 8 won't be fragile like the Nexus 7. And I hope that the screen will have Gorilla Glass 3 on it.
7. Birds (Posts: 1062; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I had no idea the Nexus 7 was fragile lol. I have had my Nexus 7 since last Christmas and I've been extremely careful with it. I mean, my old Nook Color was built like a tank and it has battle scars but still functions.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9347; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have my Nexus 7 and it's a damn tank. This thing has survived accidental drops from my family and its basically in 9.9/10 condition. Time to replace this N7 for the new one.
17. Birds (Posts: 1062; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Mine has a tiny scratch on the screen. I think it shipped with it because I don't recall how it got there.
8. Andrewtst (Posts: 401; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I love 10 inch, nicest size for tablet.
8 inch is the smaller size acceptable tablet range.
7 inch is too tiny as a tablet in my opinion.
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Why not skip the improved n7 and just go ahead and make the eight?
10. Captain_Doug (Posts: 833; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I'd love an 8" or even 8.5" display. 7 is alright but just feels a little small sometimes. Maybe the nexus 7 with its HD display will make a big difference.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Which is why it's best too wait. Never rush out too buy something. Refresh nexus 7 wait for that one.
13. medicci37 (Posts: 810; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Rather Google release a updated 10 inch tab.
18. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That will come in fall or possibly by the end of October when the Nexus 10 gets a replacement, possibly in the form of the Nexus 11 tab?
21. Mrmark (Posts: 175; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
It's all about how thin the Bezel on the next Gen Nexus is going to be.... The Nexus 7 and 10 had too much bezel IMO.
23. Taters (Posts: 3673; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LG showed off a full HD 7.9 inch screen at one if the display shows. If LG is making it, which they should because Asus sucks, then it is very possible.
26. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They should let Motorala make it so they can say made in USA.
27. TheRequiem (Posts: 183; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
It will be less then 8 inches, like 7.8 inches etc, but they will call it the nexus 8. Everything is getting a second revision. Watch.