Rumors: first 2K-resolution phone Vivo Xplay 3S shaping to be an insane hardware beast
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2013, 09:38 posted on
The rumor phase surrounding Chinese Vivo Xplay 3S has been a massive one, so much so that we're starting to question pretty much everything that comes out...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Lucas_kim (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
it is a super phone.. but needless to say.. china always buy the hardware from the others country and combine it to become a amazing phone.. but the technology still young.. not yet mature..
2. YouGotTrolledSon (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
WTF! 1440x2560 resolution for 5.7 inch display is way too much more than it actually needs.
3. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2882; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
2560x1440 is WQHD, not QHD as stated in the article.
6. Kishin (Posts: 666; Member since: 30 May 2013)
What now 500 PPI+
I just know this will run slow and consume a lot of battery
7. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
1080p IS A 2K RESOLUTION FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!!!!
There are multiple 2k resolutions and 1080p is one of them. The k term is very broad and does not define a certain amount of pixels, 2k and 4k have several diffrent resolutions
Also cats.. 1200p is a 2k resolution, 1440p is 1080p is. The only popular 4k ones are cinema 4k(movie theaters use this) and then 16:9 4k which is the most common one and is the standard for TVs.
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2499; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
2K measures the lower end of the spectrum as "2k"
2K means 2160 pixels on the lower end. On the upper end, its 3840. So its 3840x2160. Basically 4x the pixels of 1080p.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1362; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It'll be nice if they invest in improving battery technology...such a high-res on 5.7" display is good for nothing.
12. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
yup...Maybe they put in a 6500 or 3900 mAh battery and that will solve the problem?
9. Azman (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
It seems that Chinese market is all set to compete with the big boys in the market. First rumor of Gionee Elife E7 and now Vivo Xplay 3S.