Rumored specs show HTC T6 running Key Lime Pie
we should see on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. A quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 will be under the hood. No move toward 3GB of RAM yet as the device will still be sporting the 2GB of RAM that most high-end models have had for some time now. There will be 16GB of native storage, which hints at the inclusion of a microSD slot, something not found on the HTC One. While the rear-facing camera will use the UltraPixel technology used on the HTC One, it will also include OIS for stable pictures and video. The front-facing camera will weigh in at 2.1MP with a wide-angle lens. While HTC usually is rather stingy with battery capacity, a 3300mAh cell will be keeping the lights on.
HTC Sense 5.0 will run over Android and HTC is even working on a case that will provide 1250mAh of battery power to help run the device and power up the battery when it is low. A biometric reader on the back will allow owners of the phone to unlock it while holding the unit in their hands. And it is all expected to be available sometime later this year.
source: UnLockr via IntoMobile
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 966; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The first half of this year we saw the battle of the smartphones with the HTC One, Galaxy S4, Xperia Z, and the LG Optimus. In the second half of the year, however, we are going to see the battle of the phablets. I cannot wait!
26. AnTuTu (Posts: 1059; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Sony, Huawei, Nokia ------> Bring it on :)
40. rahulz (Posts: 117; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Yes you are correct and its good to see htc adding some unique features to its phone(oops phablet) . Nice...
and yeah android 5.0 , I'm so excited to see what it could bring over current version android jelly bean 4.2 (or upcoming small update 4.3)
good luck HTC... You definitely will get back in the game sooooon....
81. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i read android 5.0 and just stopped there. you stupid person, thinking your dreams will come true.
49. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Snapdragon 900 clocked at 2.5Ghz
4MP front camera
4GB RAM hardcore multitasking
3700 Mah battery
52. kvk066 (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
Then you dont need a heater or microwave to cook food...turn on the phone wiht a game.....boom..food is cooked in a minute
74. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Snapdragon 900? Is this your wish list for the year 2013 3/4?
79. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
why don't you asked for 5000+ Mah battery????????????????
58. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
You forgot iPhone 5s. It is a tough challenger.
60. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Haha good one! Have you nseen the specs on these phones....they blow the rumored specs of the iPhone out of the water!
67. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
So what? iPhone 5 have dual core processor but it still sold well. Specs don't matter if the phone runs smooth.
82. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
Well he's right there is a reason why apple is number 2
84. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Ha the CryPhone hasn't even hit 4.3inches barley a challenge to med tier ones going on screen size.. The S$mini is bigger than the iPhone.an its supposed to compete against a phablet? really the iPhone5s S standing for small updates and security improvement with fingerprint. So the mass non phonearena consumers will be amazed at "Innovation"
62. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Tbh I have to Say I think Samsung have a major head start in this area, the note line is impeccable! However its nice to have some competition...
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1389; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The phablet wars.. have begun.. sony lg samsung and HTC.. and apple will come in late and everyone (including iphonearena) will claim they invented the first phablet.
59. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
but Apple has invented phablet first! :D
65. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
I was trolling
66. TheBitterrTruth (unregistered)
75. akki20892 (Posts: 3744; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
one photo leaked of Nokia Lumia 1030 Cyan phablet, i guess it will have 1080p, and quad core. exciting.
54. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Where did you stash it?
I'll definitely take it.
4. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Ok HTC near damn perfect...just please add atleast an 8 ultrapixel camera ...por favor
41. KParks23 (Posts: 497; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
More storage this 16gb s**t is getting old!
5. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
What I dont understand is WHY would they be stingy with the battery life AGAIN??? Like Ive seen within the comments, the "Phablet Wars" have begun lol
53. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
You didn't read the article properly. It says that while HTC is "usually" rather stingy. I don't think putting a 3300mAh battery on there is stingy at all. It rather defies their trend.
72. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I can see that, but lets hope that they'll actually do it. Theyve made good phones over the last few months, but the lackluster battery life doesnt make them appealing
6. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Damn HTC, if these are real then you're really stepping your game up! Just please put a menu button on the phone, I HATE that ugly on-screen menu bar that takes up precious screen space.
76. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I hope it has software keys with the screen that size ;)
7. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Hooooo, throw an 8 ultrapixel camera on the back, treat it with that waterproofing nanocoat ( Though I can just send it in and do this myself...still, it would be nice). And make it a tri-band device on Sprint's network, while retaining the gorgeous looks of the HTC One...you can have my money. Hope it comes with a stylus too, I found that useful when I played with the Note 2.
8. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol no stylus here man lol I don't know how I feel about using a stylus...but I concur with having atleast a 8 ultrapixel camera ..or work on the algorithms for the camera software
15. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I figure it wont have a stylus, but it would be nice if they could somehow work it in. And the current camera seems to do wonderfully from what I've tested...it's just at the equiv of 4 megapixels...you lose some of the detail...I don't really need much more detail then I get from my current iPhone 4s with its 8 megapixel camera. But I do want better lowlight that the ultrapixels allow for. So really I just want it to have an 8 ultrapixel camera and tri-band lte on sprint.
22. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
According to android authority, it will have a stylus.
Of course it is all rumors at this point, but it is sounding like an amazing device.
9. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I think the minimum storage for a "phablet" should be 32GB, not 16GB. But that's just my opinion.
But for HTC with its history of lacking expandable memory shouldn't even consider 16GB storage. But like the article states, it may actually hint that expandable memory may be included this time.
20. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I have a hard time they will offer anything less then 32gb. At least in the U.S., since that is the lowest the HTC One has in the U.S. (64 is the highest, but AT&T has an exclusive...)
10. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
This is interesting and may renew my interest for HTC. Siny Togari/HTC T6 or DNA 2 Phablet/Nokia Phablet/ASUS 6 inch Phablet/Huawei Ascend Mate @ 6.5 Inches and of course the Galaxy Note 3. If Apple throws in a 5.5-6 inch phablet after seeing success with these hybrids, they'll have a business case on their hands to build one. It's becoming obvious that the regular sized flagships will soon be playing second fiddle to the second half main event flagships
18. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Lol no lie...I thought the ONE with its 1.7 ghz 600 chip and sense 5 made for a very buttery experience. But damn 2.3 ghz 800 chip with sense 5 ...omfg..
50. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Now forget about buttery, enjoy superfast turbo experience
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
wth... the storage is only 16GB? They better have a 32GB and a 64GB variant.
One more thing... only 3300mAh???
That ultrapixel better be at least 8MP, otherwise it's really "just" a larger version of One.
16. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I've read on pocket lint that there will be 16,32, and 64 options. Moreover, 3300 mah isn't enough? Plus that 1250 mah case that might makes it way.
23. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Oh, that's pretty good news, I've held off on looking at all other phones right now. The only phone I'm really looking forward to is probably this one. On the battery capacity, I could never have enough. I'm going to be working on the road more often pretty soon, so more capacity the better.
21. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
The Note 2 has a 3100 mAh battery and I've only heard good things about its battery life, I wouldn't expect any different from this.
29. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I see your point...well if it does have the 3300 mah, I'm sure there will be a I- blaston case that serves as a 2300 mah internal battery. 5,400 sounds good right ?
33. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
As long as it doesn't add too much thickness, it sounds amazing. Honestly 3300 would probably do me for a day and a half with moderate use, especially after I root it and put a new kernel and rom in to help better manage the power. What would be amazing is if it came with that new IGZO screen tech, because apparently those are super power efficient.
34. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I dont see that happening though :/ But I can dream.
42. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yeah, unfortunately it does add a little thickness. But the new iPhones are suppose to have the new igzo screens from sharp I believe.
44. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, unless they really add a lot more functionality to iOS 7 I don't plan on getting another iphone for the time being...especially if they remain so small. I miss android.
45. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Oh ok...the rumors of ios7 being "flat" does that catch your attention?
47. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I mean, I'm sure I will enjoy the way it looks more. Because it does feel stale now.
But I want the functionality I had on android back, and I dont want to have to jailbreak just to get some basic widgets, or put more then 12 apps in a folder...or add extra apps to the home bar, or have basic settings in the drop down screen. Also, the multitask app tray is prehistoric in how intuitive or functional it is. I like iMessage though, but hangouts will be more interesting once they add sms functionality...wish they would bring in skype and facebook and other chat services so it was all in one place instead of a million different apps.
48. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Haha sorry... I don't know why I brought up the way it looks up, since we are talking about functionality .. but yeah those are legitimate reasons. Let's hope the new igzo screens come to the ONE phaplet. Like you said, we can dream. :)
36. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 613; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Samsung managed to add 500mah batt in s4 while retaining the size yet slimmer.. note3 will probably get size increase due to the display so i assume not only +500mah in note3
13. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
OMG!....T6 vs N3..the Clash of the Titans!!......I will be owning one of you boys!!! :)