Rumored deal has Best Buy giving you $100 for your trade toward an Apple iPhone 5s or iPhone 5c
If you have iPhone fever and an older smartphone you don't use, you can score a free Apple iPhone 5c or a heavily discounted Apple iPhone 5s from Best Buy by taking advantage of this trade-in offer. As we said, the deal expires October 19th so you don't want to wait until the last minute. You do, however, need to wait for the retailer to make this official.
source: TechnoBuffalo via AppleInsider
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12625; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
If I didn't already have a 5S, I'd rush in to get that deal.
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This is a sweet deal, and probably a desperate way for Best Buy to get some customers.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
More like a way to get rid of iPhone 5c stock that's piled up. We're doing great overall, actually. My department is almost 200 percent to sales goals for the month so far, but Apple way overestimated how many 5c's it would sell by the way they're overflowing in our phone drawers.
But no, in your fantasy world it's Best Buy, not Apple, that needs all the customers to come in and buy the phones.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 12625; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Oh stop lying snig. When you hate apple as much as YOU do, don't expect anyone to buy these stories...other than Sammites. +1 for your creativity though.
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Want me to take a photo of my full iPhone drawer at work? I will.
Piece of sh.it accusing me of lying. And you claim you're objective.
15. SellPhones82 (Posts: 565; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
With reports of Apple cutting 5C orders in half, I'm going with Sniggly. Especially with all the dealers I talk to that are trying to return brand new 32GB version of the 5C because no one wants them at the current price.
2. suavemezie (Posts: 63; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Simply because it's not selling. Soon another lie of 20M sold will surface while 19M is lying inside Bestbuy, AT&T and Verizon. Soon it will be free on contract
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This... T-Mobile and Best Buy right across the street from me never sold out of the iPhone 5C. Guess the promotion is to get rid of the inventory that's left.
6. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Same thing is said every year and every year it absolutely destroys the closest phone.
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The 5s is selling through the limited stock we get. It's really the 5c we're trying to get rid of. Not that no one has bought them, but way fewer have sold than we got in stock.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 12625; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple will sell far more than 20 million iPhones dude. This isn't Motorola, or Htc we're talking about. We're talking about the biggest of the big dawgs. A to the P to the P to the L to the E!!!
16. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
5C is already a fail ... production cut into half already ...