Rumored Nokia road map includes tablet and phablet
0. phoneArena 11 Aug 2013, 12:27 posted on
Two devices that Nokia fans have long wished for are mentioned in a rumored road map for the Finnish manufacturer; according to this tipster, a Nokia produced tablet will be launched during the last week of September. The source continues by stating that the slate will most likely be powered by Windows 8.1 because Nokia is "not confident" about Windows RT...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia phablet-1080p, quad core, 2gb ram, 20 or 22 MP camera, and some cool features in it. And Nokia tablet windows 8, 1080p and quad core. We all will sold for sure.
23. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I thought WP fans where the ones saying its not all about specs....
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Have u see me to saying about specs.
I'm telling about specs that Nokia going to bring in their devices. Dude get it.
26. CaoCiBai (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
We dont need it FOR NOW, but, if Microsoft adds in true multitasking in windows phone 8.1 (or after 8.1), then it will be needed. It's all about future-proofing. Why Nokia added 2Gb of RAM into the 1020 instead of 1GB, the sign is already there.
As for tablet, we already know what to expect anyway if it's running windows 8, not RT. Intel processor, at least 2Gb of RAM, etc. what variant of processor, 1080p or 768p, and amount of RAM depends on whether the tablet is high end or mid end.
3. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
If Microsoft will let them survive till those products get released...:)
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1126; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I bet they'll survive
its damn nokia. They wont give up so easily.
can't you see the effort nokia puts on their current windows phones?
you know hard work will always pay off ...
17. Prindorz (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Hard work will always pay man.... Microsoft is merely stalling the progress of Nokia by failing to update WP OS so fast. Because if they do, Nokia will surely find a sweet spot in the market.
27. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
somehow most of us do agree with you to some extend
8. papss (unregistered)
Oh stop it. Without m$ money they likely could be dead. They both needed one another.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1126; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Without nokia, Microsoft's windows phone wouldn't have gotten much recognition and popularity as it have now.
31. Prindorz (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Without Nokia, BB would have taken the third place in the smartphone market
14. rms.max (Posts: 88; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
If M$ didn't give that money nokia would go to android .now nokia making losses & m$ making profit from wp.
16. FadyNabil (Posts: 39; Member since: 10 May 2013)
Not only the cash microsoft gives to Nokia,
there are money indirectly given.
Nokia don't have now to spend money on software development,
Even marketing, microsoft do it for them (any Windows phone ad is a nokia ad also).
If nokia go android, They will have to spend money on ads (google does not advertise android, and they will have to spend money on making their own interface.
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1126; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Good move nokia. Your customers needs it. There is a lot of market for phablets .
I say windows phone will be pretty nice on a phablet.
a nokia phablet with gdr3 update 1080p,41mp pure view,WP8,quad core cpu and all other nokia goodies(Lumia exclusives) will be awesome
A windows tablet will be awesome too but don't go for RT a full blown windows 8.1 tablet with nice specs and good portability will be awesome. Nokia's current Lumia design will definitely shines on tablet for sure
best of luck nokia
6. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sounds expensive as hell, but that would be awesome. I doubt we'll see it though, WP and Nokia don't have enough brand recognition for most people to pay that much for it, they have a good thing going with low cost devices.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia will pick win8 for tablet for sure, I bet ya.
28. haseebzahid (Posts: 1844; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
phablet should be win8 pro in future if not in 2014 atlest
7. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
i funny watching company like nokia playing catchup
9. papss (unregistered)
What's funny is looking at your broken comment
10. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
blame pa limited time edit feature for this nokia fanboy
13. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If it does go by the name of Lumia 1025 I hope it looks like this:
Also wouldn't make sense for the Tablet to have a lower resolution than the Phablet.
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3745; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
It's a concept dude, u will see less bezel in real Nokia phablet, I bet ya.
25. skyline88 (Posts: 374; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
not really a fan of windows, but a windows phablet by nokia will be sweet, even without the hoo-haa of pureview tech.
29. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3311; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Only Nokia is bringing more software and updates what about MS only GDR2.
30. marekondor (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Nano-coated water resistant phone with P2i for future Nokia phone with good battery,decent Camera and 1080p Display resolution?I expect this in December ... I wish :)
32. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1275; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks if past Rumors are true The Nokia Windows 8.1 tablet's case will be made of Aluminum that will come in COLORS One of the Colors will be Pink for the Ladies. I hope they make shinny Aluminum Navy blue for me to buy