Rumored Motorola tablet could be customized through Moto Maker website
0. phoneArena 11 Sep 2013, 19:45 posted on
Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside, in a published report on Wednesday, admitted that Motorola is working on a tablet although he would not say much more about it; it is also possible that the tablet will be available for customization through the Moto Maker web site. Woodside didn't reveal anything about the tablet although he did mention a couple of things that might hold over to such a slate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. papss (unregistered)
I wonder how they will price it... Currently you pay just as much for a moto x as a of g2 (by right out price)which is just silly.. Moto is completely out of touch.
2. trustory (Posts: 132; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Being assembled in the US is really killing them.
22. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 885; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
They wouldn't be able to have such a quick turn around time for customized phones if it wasn't assembled in the US. They would waste just as much money, if not more, express shipping every phone from China.
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Who cares about the price...
Moto can I have the:
OMAP5 Cortex A15 or Tegra4
Adreno 330x8 Mp8 Gpu
Carbon fiber back
12000 mah battery
Thanks in advance
7. papss (unregistered)
Sure...but you are missing the point as usual.
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Nah. I personally think a Motorola new tablet would be like this;
8-10" 1080p or 1600p display
2 GB of RAM
New version of the X8 system, based off of the Snapdragon 800: dual core 2 GHz Krait 400 and Adreno 330 with 2 dedicated cores
Same overall design language as the Moto X, unless they're doing it in collaboration with Verizon, then it will be more similar to the new Droids
That would be great.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Much better tougher than Gorrila glass 3. Even better would be Ceramic or Sapphire. I would pay that extra £70 +for those prestige materials
20. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Maybe one day manufactorers will wake up and make good quality glass standard instead of the POS gorilla glass.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
My guess would be 499$ just like their oldie tablet so i wouldn't bother buying it.
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2258; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
So it will have a huge clip on\off plastic on the back and front??? Yuck... Motorola RIP
18. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2258; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Well , look at the "highligt" of their flopship phone,, the interchangable covers,
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You mean the Moto X? No, the covers can't be changed. Once you order your Moto X on Moto Maker, nothing can be changed about it hardware wise. You can't take the front or back covers off.
8. papss (unregistered)
Oh it certainly won't be cheap.. Moto doesn't know how to price cheap.
9. Pyoung0560 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Apple surely does for their plastic phone
11. papss (unregistered)
I agree there too. Over priced is over priced no matter the mfg.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sweet! i may look into it. i was planning on getting the 2nd Gen Nexus 10 for my 10.1 incher but i already have one Nexus. i could consider something like this. o:
19. jphillips63 (Posts: 218; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
After the Xoom fiasco Motorola can shove there tablets where the sun don't shine.
21. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
You're complaining about like one of the few tablets from 2011 that got updated to jelly bean. Im sure it's not that bad come on.
24. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
I loved all my Moto Droids, so I'm really looking forward to this if it is true.
Customization would be awesome too!!!