Rumor: second-gen Microsoft Surface RT tablet to cost $299 or less
0. phoneArena 16 May 2013, 07:51 posted on
That a new batch of Surface tablets by Microsoft are one the way is something we already know. What we've also heard about is that a model with a small screen – around 7 inches in diagonal, is also coming soon. But could that smaller Surface tablet cost as low as $250? Well, that's possible indeed, if this recent rumors is to be trusted...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. joeymk (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
500$ was to much for me, but for 249$ i will get one for sure.
18. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
RIP Nexus 7
20. Furbal (Posts: 921; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
At that price it would actually be worth it.
2. geekfreak (unregistered)
Another RT Tab??
3. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
RT? i think android will do much better.
21. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Android tablets don't have enough apps.
4. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
lol iphonearena you pushed this about the last RT tablet and were dead wrong. I wouldnt hold my breath till its announced you guys really are bad at predicting. My personal guess ( which was RIGHT last time after iphonearena flammed me for it) 349-399.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow $249? That's cheap! Bring it on!
6. sonisoe (Posts: 405; Member since: 06 May 2009)
this should be ms last pitch, then if consumers dont bite, they should dump rt...
9. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
As long as they price it right. RT Tablets shouldn't be higher than $300. It should do what it was created for, target the iPad and Android. They released a tablet with USB support and screwed the pooch with the pricing!
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2019; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I've always wanted a microsoft surface tablet,now it can be possible for me to get one if they'd launch a new one at this price point
8. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The original Surface RT should have been priced around $300, and the smaller one could then be at $200. Then the Surface Pro should have been $500. They're great pieces of equipment but to break the foolish idea that tablet = ipad they need to undercut on price and overdeliver on features and quality
10. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Too late ... too late
RT should've been priced $300 or less from the get go
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1231; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
So was the last gen... Just some more bs rumors.
12. papss (unregistered)
I bought a pro and love it but didn't buy the RT due to price.. This would be tempting
13. Credo (Posts: 744; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I have a Surface RT, and yess the price might have been lower, i payed €599..... but i was going to get dissapointed if i don't buy it, and it is the best tablet i have ever owned....
Loving my Surface RT with Cyan TouchCover!
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ok so if this is also a Moderate Failure then next version RT will cost $199?
16. XaErO (Posts: 302; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Microsoft product with low price tag ? .. sounds odd !! .. Either the price will be high OR the tablet will only have the start window with 3-4 apps, weak processor, WiFi (only 802.11 a/b/g) and everything else will be forbidden. e.g. browsing internet, browsing file explorer bla bla bla ..
But if it turns out true .. then it will be interesting !!
17. hisaak (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
$250 or even $300 is a great price. I would buy one, but I just don't believe it will come through.
19. attaturk (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Sounds like the last time PA were allowed speculating about a price on the current surface price.