Rumor says iPad 5 to be completely redesigned and coming in Q3
0. phoneArena 21 Feb 2013, 17:36 posted on
There have been a bunch of rumors recently about the next generation iPad mini, but not so much about the full-sized iPad. So, if you've been wondering what the rumor mill has to say on that front, look no further. Apparently, the rumor is that the next generation iPad (aka iPad 5) is going to be "completely redesigned" (whatever that means) and will be released in Q3 of this year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. quaqua (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
"and this change the whole things again"... LOL
A lot of Wall Street Analyst were trapped buying US$ 700 apple share, and they loosing money because apple share is now at US$ 450 and keep doing down.
Instead of cut lost, they create FAKE NEWS to make Apple share goes up.
This whole iphone mini, iphone math, redesign ipad, etc is PART of that's conspiracy.
39. PhoneLuver (Posts: 474; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Completely redesigned like the iPhone 5! lol
2. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
"Apparently, the rumor is that the next generation iPad (aka iPad 5) is going to be "completely redesigned" (whatever that means) and will be released in Q3 of this year."
That means the battery will be slightly better, the resolution will be the same, and the processor will be slightly better. Shouldn't you know how apple swind- I mean operates by now?
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Completely agreed, they just released the ipad 4 a couple months ago with little to no changes except maybe a faster processor. I would not be shocked if they did the exact same thing here.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple never coined it the iPad 4. Apple flatly stated it was a simple refresh of the iPad 3 to unify the connector with the mini, and the ip5. They Introduced the beefed up processor and improved the camera. The new iPad comes out this year.
36. Taters (Posts: 4779; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL Um, they called it the ipad 4th generation. I know that you suck but at least stop making things up to defend them.
45. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I get that you live to post stupid sh*t and apple can do no wrong in your eyes, I really do, but cut the bullsh*t. It was called the 4th gen ipad, and OFFICIALLY it was calle the "NEW ipad" by appfail.
The term "new" denotes it as a seperate gen/model from the 3.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
"That means the battery will be slightly better, the resolution will be the same, and the processor will be slightly better"
add a bigger screen and is just what Android does..
35. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
No, Androids get
Different screen sizes
Front facing speakers
And other stuff i couldn't think of
But sure the iPhone is "better"
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
SOOOOO glad I got the iPad 4 a couple months ago....lol
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 1930; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Apple owns the tablet marketshare for a reason.
9. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Because they have the best marketing team on the planet. Their marketshare is slipping thiough, they cannot keep selling people the same damn thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Slim design makes a lot of sense. Many ppl. are considering picking up the Acend mate cause it's not far off a 7" tablet in screen size, yet it's much smaller, easier to hold and pocketable. No wonder Samsung is rumored to come out with a 6,3" Note III, tabphones could make small tablets obsolete.
Speaking of the iPad 5, I wouldn't mind it keeping it's current size but increasing the screen, with slim design, 11,5" would be doable with iPad 4 dimension; wouldn't mind a 16:10 aspect ratio either.
7. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Apple redesigning something
haha *slaps Knee
11. GoBears (Posts: 426; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Completely redesigned means it's going to come in a different color, Maybe...just maybe...they'll add another row of icons!
13. Bernoulli (Posts: 2421; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Nah they'll steal someone else's patent and call it redisigned
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yep they just spray paint it. why bother wast money for a color ipad when u can do that at home
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So this will be a Larger iPad Mini ... good.
14. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I'd like to see something new, but I'm unsure about the word "completely". I imagine there could be a few tweaks but how can a tablet be completely redesigned?
This isn't me having a go at Apple, but generally all tablets have a lot of similar design features. I can't see how a tablet can be designed without them.
16. corporateJP (Posts: 2399; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Unless it turns into a Cylon and vacuums my house, I don't see what they can really do besides make it thinner, lighter, have better battery life, and a larger screen.
But, a few of those last words don't mix very well.
18. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1704; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Cylons kill, not clean. Why would you want that? It would turn on you.
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1704; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Redesigned... with 6 rows of icons! REVOLUTIONARY!
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
lmao yeah right ipad mini 2 same design and same bezel only a few inches they can't do anything with shape
24. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I hate to point out the obvious. but a redesign could mean moving the battery 4 inches to the right.
25. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
finally! thry need to change the design!! they should make iPad to be as functional as the windows tablet! support of USB!! that would be nice
26. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
It funny how folks got things to say about the iPad but last time I saw don't toady people keep there android tablets cause there all the same give or take and have terrible value after you purchase them. Do the math go on ebay, amazon, or Craigslist and the iPad sales better as quality is better.
27. GoBears (Posts: 426; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Big difference between quality and trendy. iCrap is trendy and the trend is fading. Check the stock lol.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Check the market cap value too. 431 billion that's a trend I'd like to b apart of
32. CreeDiddy (Posts: 536; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Read a little bit more as their biggest loss in stocks were hedge funds. Apple has had excellent stock since the announcement of the iphone and ipad. Apple's products are used in education and businesses more than Android. You are getting confused with the success of Samsung with Android as opposed to all the other manufacturers of Android. It's about profitability my friend. Only Apple and Samsung have profitability. Apple lead Samsung by almost 3 times in profits last quarter.
28. Ninetysix (Posts: 1930; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
The teenagers here doesn't want to hear the truth :)
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
All the more reason to buy an iPad dark
44. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Um yeah I have my money on darkvadervip = darkkjedii lol.
31. Allen3697 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Isn't there supposed to be a complete redesign every year? ....
33. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
its apple, so you dont need to be shock! if their devices getting a bit boring, they will redesign it to make it look new!
34. deewinc (Posts: 204; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well the new ipad will come with a bigger apple logo at the back redesigning it's price structure by over $200 ;-)
37. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I think apple will use the design language of the ipad mini and transfer that to the bigger ipad. I'm excited about it.
40. blindguardian (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
If they are still gonna charge 100$ for 16 to 32GB, then they can put it where the sun does not shine.
41. Hafiz (Posts: 78; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
completely redesigned ?? lyk d iphone 5 ?? xP
42. redcloudsk (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Take care of ur stupid IOS!!!!! lololol
THAT operating system boring as hell ~~~
43. loki1618 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
I think everybody forget this is Apple we are talking about... I can't wait to hear all of y'all reaction when Apple blow y'all mind this year. I believe the best is yet to come
46. garz_pa (Posts: 154; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Everything iAnything seems to be "redesigned" every year.
47. Evil.Bunny (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
OMG!!!! another row of icons........so exciting !!!