Rumor: iPhone 6 / Air specs to include Ultra Retina screen with 389ppi, 2.6GHz A8 processor, 5.5mm-thin body
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2014, 19:37 posted on
Apple will most likely announce its next-gen iPhone in September. The handset could be called iPhone 6, or even iPhone Air, and we're expecting it to be significantly larger than the iPhone 5S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
25. Astoni (Posts: 438; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Why call it Ultra retina?, i mean FHD to QHD its twice the amount of pixels and UHD is 4 times the full HD. This bothers me more than it should... but i'd bet apple would do it.. they always throw around "fancy" words to make some people think that its alot more than meets the eye..
But if its 4.7 i'd consider getting it alongside the note 4 over the HTC one (2014)
57. mayur007 (Posts: 384; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
so they can call it a feature .. thats it
as apple has shortage of features
30. loveparadise1990 (Posts: 15; Member since: 08 Mar 2014)
the iphone 6 with 4.7-inch display. I like it
32. Kishin (Posts: 585; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Clocked at 2.6GHz 64 bit, that run better than some PC's..
35. valapsp (Posts: 473; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
They should go f#ck themselves because they keep narrowing it down but maintain the same battery capacity.
63. givemespecs (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Why the hate? You don't have to buy one!
38. Ikechukwu (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
just listen to that name. ULTRA RETINA! So they can fool a bunch of people
67. givemespecs (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Nobody's being fooled. When you see the screen turned on you can judge for yourself if it's good enough or not. People wont buy it if it's crap!
44. csoulr666 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Stop complaining about the battery!! What people don't realize is that you can get a day's juice with moderate usage on such a meagre capacity..........
46. ...aMz... (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
...naked eye is not able to differentiate between ppi after a certain point specially on such small screens!!! If it's a ppi war, that's a different ball game but it doesn't matter. The point should be quality of display, color reproduction. That's why no tw b1080p screens don't match!!!
58. CreeDiddy (Posts: 227; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
If 389ppi is true expect a screen res of 1600x900 based on my calculations for the 4.7. With Quantum Dots Tech there is no need for a 500+ ppi screen.
64. givemespecs (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
I'm just hoping it doesn't lag like my G2!!!! What am I saying of course it won't. Apple could go backwards to single core and it still wouldn't lag. The G3 could have octa core and it will still lag after 6 months once you've loaded a couple of icon packs. That my friends is the reason why so many people either stay with Apple or go back to them after they have suffered the frustration of Android. I'm not a fanboy. I have an iPad and an older iPod. I have never owned an iPhone but I am seriously considering switching from Android. I just want something that works and offers a consistent experience. Android is not the answer. It lagged on single core, it lagged on dual core and quad core and it will lag on octa core. Customisation is great but it comes at a price!
68. networkdood (Posts: 6261; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Nexus 5...no lag...my kids have iPods..they lag and are slow...
65. givemespecs (Posts: 72; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
And before anyone says anything my username is being sarcastic!
73. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
So... does the lower case "i" stand for "incremental"? Will the iP6S or iP7 have Ultra Mega Retina Display? I kid, I kid.
But seriously, their big marketing push for Retina Display was that the human eye couldn't tell the difference beyond a certain ppi. It seems out of character for Apple to balk now and change their stance.