Rumor: iPhone 6 / Air specs to include Ultra Retina screen with 389ppi, 2.6GHz A8 processor, 5.5mm-thin body
0. phoneArena 14 Mar 2014, 19:37 posted on
Apple will most likely announce its next-gen iPhone in September. The handset could be called iPhone 6, or even iPhone Air, and we're expecting it to be significantly larger than the iPhone 5S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
27. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I still remember when the retina display blew everything out the water when it was released. Now their just trying to catchup.
61. givemespecs (unregistered)
Why are they playing catch up? What is wrong with the quality of the 5s screen? Why do we need 400+ppi ? It's great that Samsung have driven the market to ever higher levels but we don't need 2k or 4k screens on phones. The screen on the iPhone 6 may not be 1080p when it's launched but Apple will not go backwards so it will be better then the 5s which is already good enough for anyone who doesn't have microscopes for eyes.
69. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 360; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
They are playing catch up by doing what they initially claimed didn't need to be done.
Retina was all you needed because (marketing) your eyes can't tell the difference and now Look who's upping the pixel count.
It won't be better than the 5s it will be the same I'd be sun-burned-out surprised if it was Changed in anyway besides pixel count.
Now of coarse I don't know for fact but the track record speaks for itself they make the slightest of slight changes and the sheeep come a flockin'
76. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Well, the smaller the screen, the closer you are likely to hold it, so in the iPhones' case, you are going to need a very high PPI.
11. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This is awesome iPhone we ever seen or maybe fake rumor. I know 1.3 dual core is faster because they meet IOS and their hardware really well, so I'm waiting to see how A8 2.6 dual or quad would be amazing fast.
12. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
A8 quad 2.2 is gonna be bloody fast i know that
54. Finalflash (Posts: 3138; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea but it probably won't happen. If anything Apple is trying to save even more money now that margins have tanked again. So I doubt consumer benefit is on their mind at the cost of well ... cost. Just take all the rumors and divide by 2, it gives you a pretty good estimate on Apple reality.
62. givemespecs (unregistered)
Why does it matter. 5s is already lightning fast and smooth so why do they need quad core?
4. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Then the batter is 1600mah due to 5.5mm thick
52. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeah u right but it never happen I think it will be 7mm thin so battery will reach 2000 mAh
5. skyline88 (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
rumor also say iPhone 6 is going to be a slightly refresh version of the hopeless 5S.
oooops, Apple did it again.....
7. mr.techdude (Posts: 571; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
IPhone 5s has a 1.3 ghz A7 chip and it's as fast or faster then most android flagships. BLOODY!!!! 2.6.....god bless android :(
28. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
And yet I can't tell the difference between the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s other then the crashing from lack of Ram. Apple really needs to stop being stingy with the Ram.
31. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
except at 2.6Ghz it would burn a hole in the ground... the A7 at 1.3Ghz takes almost the same powr as others at high frequencies...
9. NoFanboy (Posts: 299; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Can't see even apple releasing their next flagship under 1080p, so only way it'll be 390ppi is if it's really big.
34. ecmedic4 (Posts: 337; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Yes cause specs alone is the most important thing!
15. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Seems like at 5.7" inches with a 1080p display the ppi would be 386, maybe that is what the 389 is referring to?
19. MrOCD (unregistered)
The real question is, would they really go that big?
49. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I think it is likely they will do a phablet size, no point in losing customers just because they don't offer the screen size those customers want. Whether they would go that big....I don't know....
18. MrOCD (unregistered)
I have a feeling that this will be the year that Apple finally "wows" us again. Can you imagine if they actually used all those patents they have and combined them with the next iPhone? That would be amazing.
20. joey18 (Posts: 589; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
This fake rumor apple will go 4.7 not to 5.5
23. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
I have loved ios for a year but now I don't expect much from apple with ios. 8 and iphone. Thin phones doesn't mean better phones. Thicker phones like the L1020 has a badass camera. If apple doesn't do anything special I might jailbreak my iphone or switch to android or WP. I can use my ipad for my itunes. I'm getting tired of apple holding back.
25. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Why call it Ultra retina?, i mean FHD to QHD its twice the amount of pixels and UHD is 4 times the full HD. This bothers me more than it should... but i'd bet apple would do it.. they always throw around "fancy" words to make some people think that its alot more than meets the eye..
But if its 4.7 i'd consider getting it alongside the note 4 over the HTC one (2014)