Rumor confirms 4.7" LG Nexus is on the way
0. phoneArena 26 Sep 2012, 08:21 posted on
Word on the interwebs is that Google may be looking to launch a number of Nexus devices this year, vastly expanding its line-up of stock Android-running handsets. Meanwhile, Spanish site MovilZona seems convinced that LG will be among the manufacturers who'll be announcing a Nexus phone later in the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
15. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
and may the consumers be ever in your favor!
tribute from district Samsung : galaxy Nexus 2
tribute from district HTC: nexus 5
tribute from district lg: optimus nexus
tribute from tribute Sony: xperia nexus
haven't heard of Motorola making a nexus. PA community, i would like to ask do you think Moto would make one? and which would you buy? :D
19. jan25 (Posts: 437; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it's hard to choose when you are not taking into account the hardware difference.
21. nicholassss (Posts: 361; Member since: 10 May 2012)
If motorola drops a nexus I hope its not a razr because i hate that ugly kevlar back.
62. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
whuuutt?? I find myself constantly rubbing myself against that kevlar back whenever I find a display set..
Call me weird, but I find that kevlar is orgasmic!
23. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1146; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Moto dosen't need to make a nexus seemingly as it is already Google. They can call their phones whatevver they want and it will be the main Google device.
That being said I am really looking forward to HTC Nexus One...all they have to do is get a bigger battery. I just Love HTC!
24. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Motorola still receives late updates and non-stock android though,
30. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The new motos actually are very close to stock so we can see Google's influence there.
67. agarcia820 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Sep 2012)
When they do get them updated, it's a crappy update at that
26. danny_a2005 (Posts: 121; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
And the winner of this year's nexus games is:
htc nexus 5!!!
33. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
:NO: I, the president of the Capitol, allows Two Winners!
35. danny_a2005 (Posts: 121; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
+1 to you!! It would be Sony nexus right?? I dont like Samsung materiales, you know, plastic
37. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the thing about these Nexus devices is that they all excel in some points but down in some points too.
i wonder if all manufacturers would ever consider making one single handset with each of them contributing - Samsung's screen, HTC's design, Sony's camera etc etc on one phone.
best thing about Android: choice, :)
like the tributes, they allhave their talents and skills. hahahaha.
44. Commentator (Posts: 2793; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That and it looks like the Galaxy Nexus 2 won't be much more than an upgraded Galaxy Nexus.
40. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Don't forget the first Nexus of the year!
Tribute from district ASUS: Nexus 7.
I do not think Motorola is going to make a Nexus. At least not this year. They do not want to cause a stir among the other partners with rumors of favoritism. The best way to avoid this is disadvantaging Motorola in the battle of Nexus this year.
But I really like the construction of Motorola handsets. The only flaw is the poor support for updates and poor quality cameras.
56. imnotascammer (Posts: 79; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Alright.. Thats cool. Lol!
Way excited for this.. :)
The Nexus Games.
42. aaronkatrini (Posts: 240; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Lets hope its not a Samsung nexus cus the real good nexus made by google was nexus one
47. danny_a2005 (Posts: 121; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)
you are so right the best comment I've read... +100 if I could
46. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
meant to thumb you up! my baaaad!
50. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Aren´t you aware that you can change your thumbs up/donw now?
It is a new feature intruduced by phonarena as of late.
54. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
really? well i would've never tried because i want to give people the thumbs i think they deserve but i'll try it on your post for the sake of knowing. don't think you're getting negative feedback if this doesn't work okay? xD
*UPDATE* oh cool beans, that's good to know. thanks. o:
55. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
why did i get thumbs downed for this? xD
65. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Mine was just to prove the point that I can change it.
Now it changed to positive ;)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Retina Nexus? Awesome!!! :D
22. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am going crazy! If the LG Optimus G hit's the U.S. as a Nexus phone then I will forgo the Samsung Galaxy Note II & get that phone. BUT, BUT, if the HTC Nexus 5 turns out to be TRUE then I will get that because it's a bigger 1080p HD screen.
Wow the Nexus line looks to be VERY BEASTLY this year. Google is on FIRE!!!!! lol
28. wendygarett (unregistered)
Then let's buy all five dude lol :D
36. Ksupowercat13 (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Im down with that, you got the money right?
3. bucky (Posts: 1899; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I want to see a Motorola nexus with a decent camera. I'll let go of my iPhone for that.
Boot loader unlocked of course but Motorola (never know with Motorola)
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
when can rumor confirm anything LOL. but I hope Google will use best technologies for Nexus this time. N7 is the way to go.
8. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
What? A cellphone with no cellular connectivity? :p Just kidding :)
11. MeoCao (unregistered)
LOL. I mean best technology at affordable price.
27. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
6. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Next Rumor : Sony Nexus!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. jan25 (Posts: 437; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i have a feeling LG's Nexus will be the best in terms of hardware, i want to be proven wrong.
9. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
i wish different nexus brand, like
lg "optimus nexus"
sony "xperia nexus"
samsung "galaxy nexus"
motorola "droid nexus"
htc "_______ nexus or desire nexus"
.. choices ftw!
13. baldilocks (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
No, thanks. No Lucky Goldstar for me...
14. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
LG badly needs a winner in the Android market. The last several have not been very good. Hope this does well. More better choices creates win for us the consumer!
16. AeroPrime (Posts: 173; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Are you freaking kidding me an LG nexus?
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1146; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
LG is an awesome company but for the life of me they just can't get the push they deserve! They produce some of the best hardware not only for themselves but for the entire industry. LG Optimus Nexus (if so) will be an awesome phone cause the hardware in Optimus G itself if groundbreaking.
They have been the first in quite a few ahievements. They were the first tolaunch
a) dual core phone
b) glasses-free 3D screen phone
c) 3D camera phone
d) quad core phone
48. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3340; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Incorrect on one thing there. LG did not release the first quad-core phone. They announced the first quad-core phone, the LG Optimus 4x HD, but Samsung beat them to market with the Galaxy S3.
49. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1146; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
True that and thanks for correcting me.
Info shouldn't be misleading...honest mistake but I think I made my point :)
Its frustrating to see a company like LG lost.
57. corrifa (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
I think the one X came out before the galaxy s3.
63. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3340; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I stand corrected, also. I feel like such an idiot. How could I forget?!
EDIT: I guess I technically wasn't incorrect in my statement. Samsung did beat LG to the market, but it seems that the One X was actually the first quad-core phone.
18. McLTE (Posts: 745; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Rumor confirms... That cracks me up.
Good thing PA isn't in the legal system.. lol
25. bloodline (Posts: 703; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
bore off ray, give me a nexus over any iphone
29. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
It seems what Ray fails to understand is a variety of Nexus devices will not make Nexus devices any less special. The variety will be even more beautiful!
Freedom is beautiful. iRestricted mentality can't register that.
34. Tycoon (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
I have a GS3 now, but I would love to have a Nexus device. Before I get one, however, I must have a microSD card, removable battery, a centered high quality camera, and a charging port centered at the bottom (everything that my current phone has). NFC is a given. That may rule out everyone except Samsung and Sony. I can't wait to see what comes out.
38. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
I think its dumb for Google to release more than two Nexus phones a year. They only need a mid range and a flagship, that's it. We have enough to chose from why clutter the market with more google phones, make it easy for the consumer to chose, that's why apple sells so well because there always building on one phone instead of 5 year. The Nexus is suppose to be a special device keep it between two Manufactures, I rather them chose one.