Rumor claims Wii U has Android built-in
0. phoneArena 26 Apr 2012, 16:46 posted on
It is starting to feel like whenever a device or company is losing steam, there's one surefire way to at least get it some buzz: claim that Android is going to be added in. We've seen it time and again, from rumors that RIM would be...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
The Wii U is a joke. They better not associate any part of android with their kiddy systems. Nintendo used to be good 15 years ago. Now it's just for old people and children.
2. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Nintendo has always made its products targeted for people about 25 and younger. The Wii added in the 60+ crowd, but Nintendo never really aimed at the 25-60 demographic. You outgrew Nintendo products, that's what PlayStation and Xbox are for. It doesn't mean that Nintendo isn't good. It's just not good for you.
3. TOYMAN (Posts: 29; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
i agree with you but i think 18 and under is more like the age group. i have friends that are 21, 22 19 23 etc and non of them really like the wii at all its ps3 or xbox360
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I felt it necessary to include drunken college kids.
13. MAS10X (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
Man you throw a get-together with Booze and Wii Sports and you know you are gonna have one hell of a story for next day :)
15. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Like busting your tv when you forget to strap the control to your wrist and let go of it :D
19. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I was thinking about the cheap NES/SNES/N64 that you could pick up on a lucky day at the Salvation Army, but Wii Sports could work too.
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Im 15 and i prefer xbox, all my friends prefer xbox, my parents prefer xbox, my grandfather even prefers xbox.
16. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Did you know Bill Gates' father questioned why he was building a gaming console.
17. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The original xbox may not have been one of the most popular system, but it spawned the Xbox 360 which has went on to be an extremely popular system.
24. pookiewood (Posts: 631; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
F**** Android! I hope Nintendo doesn't release that beta OS on the Wii-U. The last thing we need is a buggy OS on the Wii. Also "kiddy"? Welcome to 2012 how is 2001 doing for you? I haven't heard that argument in YEARS! Also how can you say the Wii-U is a joke when you never even played it and you don't know what games are coming from it? Nintendo going with Android is a joke and the title of this article made me check my calendar to make sure this wasn't April 1st.
25. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Calm down sport, there's enough animal crackers for everyone.
No need to get your mittens all bunched up kiddo.
5. android1234 (Posts: 107; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Wii is for younger children at ages 5-12 years old....
7. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
WHATA .... BACK UP nintendo android isn't made for you OK you got that so just stay away from it , you guys (nintendo) are just mad since you cant overpass XBOX or PS3 or even the Apple app store ( an article said it) SO BACK UP theres no more room!!!
8. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
BUT im not a Nintendo hater... im just saying it should stick with what ever its os is !!!
22. tigermcm (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
You do know that the Wii was selling more than the xbox and ps3 combined right?
9. s1nnless (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Well, sales and statistics say you're all wrong. Wii is, by far, the most sold console, like DS. Of course it's not for hardcore gamers, but Wii has it's market. I doubt that rumor is true, but it could be interesting for the tablet controler.
10. theBankRobber (Posts: 653; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
The Metroid story is one of the best in gaming history (my opinion) . No other game on any system has ever moved me like the way Metroid games have. the Prime series is the best and I might buy the Wii U just for that game alone. I LOVE my PlayStation 3 and my massive collection of games back to PS1, but its something about Metroid that makes its hard to put the controller down.
14. MAS10X (Posts: 38; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA!!! Enough Said, no dumbass birds fighting pigs can over take the MIGHTY LINK
18. mercorp (Posts: 992; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
This will not save nintendo,unless they give us a android duo-screen phone.
IF they continue like this,they will be bankrupt in 2014.Hope samsung buys them and make mario as their mascot.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I own a NES, N64, Sega Genesis, Gamecube, Wii, PS2 and now an XBOX 360 - I play Halo and XBOX far more than any other game - but the Wii is still loved by the kids and the wife uses it for her workout (and, I like the results :-) )
23. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Reading the comments in here, can't do anything but shake my head. Morons, Nintendo has made money hand over fist on that same Kiddy ass system you hate so bloody much. Listen it's a casual market, check out the crap people play on their phones, casual pick up and play for 15 mins or less games. I doubt that Nintendo would put Android OS in Wii U as that means Nintendo would have to pay some royalties to MS...and lets face it these guys aren't into making their competitors money.
I have all the current systems and Wii gets some playtime in from time to time, especially Smash Bros., game is just ass kick and then I play my old GC games on it, like PSO, and the DoR series.
People who need a system to define how old they are need help, I bet it's the precise control that has you puzzled, your geriatric nerves can't handle it. It's ok it's not easy to deal with such precise control, it's a bit on the creepy side as we're all so used to dual analog stick control and KB and mouse combos.
27. downphoenix (Posts: 2743; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Wii U will have a blu ray drive. Means paying royalties to sony.
26. vincentguariglia (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Apr 2012)
The android market would definitely help Nintendo and imagine if you could play android games directly on the tv through your Wii U console.