Rumor alert: Sony Xperia Tablet Z incoming with a 1080p screen and watertight body
0. phoneArena 16 Jan 2013, 02:15 posted on
The tablets that Sony has made so far have not made much of an impact on the market, but they might be selling well enough to justify the launch of a new model. And if rumors are to be trusted, that's exactly what the company may working on right now. The Sony SO-03E, also referred to as the Sony Xperia Tablet Z, is said to be an upcoming 10.1-inch slate powered by capable hardware enclosed in a watertight body...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Omg 6.9mm slim!!! Thank god I didn't bought the iPad mini lol :p
if this is true then this will be the slimmest tablet ever
3. tiara6918 (Posts: 1846; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
you have so many devices nexus7, then you want an iPad mini. by the way, can change your avatar to elly trans ha?it would be way better to comment to you that way
2. tiara6918 (Posts: 1846; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
"resistant to dust and water damage, all the while sporting a thickness of only 6.9 millimeters." that's something to really look froward to!
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Hmmmm, I just picked up an Xperia Tablet S but this interests me, I wonder what the design will look like....
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
Probably as same as Xperia z... Made up of glasses lol
9. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The Xperia Tablet S is made of (mostly) glass and aluminum, just like an iPad, but it is slightly smaller, slightly thinner (cept for the fold) Hold them both and the Xperia reveals how much better built it is than the iPad, I couldnt believe it, but the iPad felt significantly cheaper in comparison.
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
I dunno why but you speak the painful truth... Sigh
16. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1414; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Similar to the Xperia Tablet S , slightly heavier and less thick
5. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Holy crap I want a tablet for college and I was thinking about buying a asus transformer but then I saw this wow.
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I bought my Xperia Tab s for college, I'm picking up a used iPad too. to use as a Textbook, Wouldn't it be nice if all we had to carry was two tablets, One as a textbook (iPad for me) and one as a computer (Xperia Tablet S for me)
15. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Yea I need it exactly for that,most of my courses now use online resources and that includes ebooks I have a new macbook but its heavy to carry around.
7. blackice214 (Posts: 164; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Hey guys what tablet would you recommend thats below 500$ and thats a 10 in also a 2012 model.
13. BattleBrat (Posts: 1216; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Nexus 10 of course, but if Sony's tablet pricing remains consistant, this "Xperia Tablet Z" might start around $400
8. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
woow, Sony have started the battle of smart phones with Xperia Z and now it is going to hit another blow, this time with its tablet. love you Sony, you're the BEST
14. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
I have seen you supporting sony products in gsmarena as well. Excellent tab btw.
17. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
do you see any problem?
i love Sony because it is a prestigious brand.
21. theZED (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
When it's rolling anything is nothing to Sony. See the history. It will again be the most trusted Electronics brand.
22. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i think right now it is the most trusted.