Rumor about 4-inch screen on new iPhone gains more weight
0. phoneArena 17 May 2012, 03:18 posted on
The next iPhone will have a 4-inch screen - we’ve heard it yesterday and we’ve heard it last year from all kinds of sources, but now both the Wall Street Journal and Reuters agree…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. Exile_One (Posts: 24; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
4 inch is to small for me, im 6 3 and i got big hands...I need something 4.5 and above...
24. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
well i can use a 3.5 inch screen buti love bigger,4 is perfect size,and everything lower tahn 3.5 is for me too small
26. dcgore (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
A bigger screen is all good but really what apple should do is focus in changing iOS. Although it is intuituve and great, it is becoming boring. I am not saying they should add widgets but maybe change the launcher and visually make changes.
30. android1234 (Posts: 137; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I remeber 2 years ago when Android was just picking up momentum on Verizon with the OG Droid, and even a year past that. The drivign force was the apps. Android didnt seem to have quality apps, games, etc. But as of today they have almost all quality apps that youll find on the app store. So since apps doesnt add too much of a differentiation anymore, Android ICS takes over. I have the iPhone too and loved it, but the OS gets voring too fast. Now i have the Galaxy Nexus and its way better. I love the huge screen and the layout of Android ICS. But i cant wait to see what the new iPhone will bring, they shold anounce iOS6 in June i think..
33. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think iOS 6 will mop the floor with android. Google's OS is already behind but the Apple update will just widen the gap.
36. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I know I shouldn’t fall for it but what the hell are you talking about? Google's OS is already behind? What are you putting in your tacos that make you so delusional?
38. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
As usual he is full of s**t. Just because its not the same boring 4 tile app launcher its "behind"
34. thedarkside (Posts: 654; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
theyd have to go big or go home. yeah apple is doing pretty well with rockin the 3.5 but a lot of android phones are getting bigger screens (note, spectrum, etc). if apple wants to keep up with the competition theyll have to up the screen.
35. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
taco50 strikes again with his hard boiled facts!
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this what I know.. the design whatever will be it will beautiful, a well polish OS and blazing fast..
42. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
But....but Apple already is blazing fast compared to laggy Android. How can you improve on its "magical" perfection anymore?
44. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
so ur an ifan now. mmm changed sides.
45. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Its called sarcasm but a foreigner like you doesn't know the difference unless you were sarcastic yourself then bravo
49. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I definitely smelled the sarcasm on that one...
41. valapsp (Posts: 557; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
4 inch screen is THAT important? it's almost a year since we heard rumors about the next iPhone's screen size. stop talking about that please.
48. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
It seems that if it really happened, Apple would definitely be behind the curve on this one. But as we all know, it would be advertised as if it was another "magical" Apple innovation that has never happened before. And then we would start seeing the ridiculous lawsuits to stop anyone else from offering larger screen phones.
47. BattleBrat (Posts: 1476; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Wow an even bigger screen to plaster with its simple apps launcher OSI here by declare that iPhones are nothing more than advanced feature phones. My Android tablet has shown me the light! And iOS cannot compete, it is LIGHTYEARS behind. With a little tweaking, I'm pretty sure they could make Android apps that match their PC equivalents in features and functionality. As for the new iPhone, I plan on getting one, I'll be buying my buddies upgrade, and getting the largest capacity offering for $200 off, yes! But my RAZR shall remain my phone.
50. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
But since we are talking big screen, I think my 4"3 is as large as I would ever want it to be. I remember it did take me a little while to adjust to texting and browsing due to the larger size.