Rumor: Sony prepping 5" Xperia Cyber-shot and Walkman phones for Q3 to lure camera and music buffs
0. phoneArena 29 Mar 2013, 04:09 posted on
We've been hearing rumors for a while about this project, allegedly dubbed One Sony, but now a tipster of hours fleshed out the title with some heartwarming stories about Cyber-shot and Walkman tech about to be stuffed in flagship Xperia smartphones with Android. Of course, the information below is neither confirmed by Sony, nor verified, save for some rumblings on several company-centric forums, so we can't vouch for its credibility, but here's the full scoop...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. tech2 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I remember 5 years ago I had Sony's k800i Cybershot. Carl Zeiss + Sony + Cyber-shot = Awesome !!!!! Would nice to see Xenon flash too but oh well........
Only if they could improve on their screen technology i.e. non TFT screen then my money is yours Sony
16. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Yeah TFT screens are not as good as IPS and AMOLEDS.
Imagine full HD IPS display with BRAVIA ENGINE!
Xperia Walkman and Sony Exmor Sensor. Perfect!
23. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i'm really confused though. the last display comparison here on phonearena showed a nokia lumia 920 (supposedly IPS) having viewing angles worse than xperia z's.
64. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Comparing full HD 1080p display with 720p displays is not fair. Actually Lumia 920 hasn't the worse viewing angle but its the actually 1080p displays which are making it to look worse. I mean if you see all the 720p display then you will know what is actually PUREMOTION HD+.
26. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
TRILUMINOS WITH QUANTUM DOTs screen and X REALITY is more perfect i think
17. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I had the 700, 750, 800 and 850. The Cybershot used to be the phone I would always get, When I was due for an upgrade I'd just get the latest Cybershot model. They were awesome phones.
14. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
SONY is back with there old skool products!
Great now we shall have the best of everything!
62. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
I am not saying about WP or Symbian. I am saying that is will be the competitor to the pureview technology. Pureview 808 is still unbeatable and you have to accept the fact please!
65. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
if they combined original pure view with pure view 2
this is unbeatable
but now low light pure view 2 is unbeatable
in details the original is unbeatable
72. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
How about the best of both?
80. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
this is exactly what I am talking about
43. amansingal14 (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
All hail the iPhone competitor :)
Cybershot + Top End Specs + Small Size = My next phone...
46. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
SONY is back and could take 3rd or 2nd or be on par with HTC. Great™®
58. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
That's the one I wanna see as well bro, let me see that bad boy!
50. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Experience the best of camera in a Sony smartphone. :)
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Carl Zeiss with Cyber Shoot & Xneon = 808 PureView
54. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
808 Pureview + Sony cybershot = BEST!
63. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
55. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Cybershot and Walkman...........is brilliant one........!!! bring it on sony with old hit stuff........!!!
2. tahnik (Posts: 188; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Holy s**t...With an oled display they can easily gain the top position..
30. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
In my opinion the LCD screens used by HTC are the best screens ever. oled screens produces sharp colors that makes me dizzy. but i guess that's preference.
38. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
ni the past htc using SLCD from sony and now they use sharp screen
57. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
They are using Sharp and Samsung screens in One.
M7 JDI Samsung C2 1
M7 JDI Samsung C2 2
Yes, HTC One's screen is itself made by Samsung!
73. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
56. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they need this if they want top position in android........!!! great decision....sony