Rumor: Samsung orders 5 million waterproof antennas for the Galaxy S5
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2014, 10:01 posted on
Last week, we passed on the rumor that Samsung will introduce a dustproof/waterproof version of its upcoming flagship smartphone, the highly-anticipated Galaxy S5. Well, it seems that the rumor might turn out to be true, as Samsung has reportedly cancelled 5 million LDS (laser direct structuring) antenna units and switched to IMA (in-mold antenna) ones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Davidjan (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Hope it supports OTG to add storage with Meenova MicroSD reader..
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 10659; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hopefully it's not cheap plastic and has better radios.
10. xfire99 (Posts: 784; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
if you get bad reception and you is holding it wrong then.
3. tango_charlie (Posts: 233; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Following Sony's route by making most of their devices waterproof is a good idea. Now that outdoor icon on the teaser image from yesterday makes more sense. So the S5 could indeed be waterproof.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
so this explains why the waterproof xperia zs are all thick.
see, if samsung can't do it, don't expect sony to be that magnificent to reduce the bezels while keeping the water-resistance
6. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Samsung will do it. It even says they might use the new thin ones from Daesan....
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I don't so "S5 Active" will be larger, thicker and heavier than S5, just like S4 Active.
5. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Cos we will all be living underwater by 2015. I am keeping my goldfishes
7. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
No you wrong!
with waterproofing even without bulky, thick and expensive protective cases your smartphone will be available for you at any places.
9. mrblah (Posts: 576; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
so S4 active and Note 3 side by side, same carrier, which has a better signal in the middle of nowhere?