Rumor: HTC purportedly working on two more tablets apart from the Nexus 9
0. phoneArena 22 Jul 2014, 02:37 posted on
One of the latest rumors that come straight from the leaker suggest that besides working on Google's upcoming Nexus tablet (nicknamed Volantis, Flounder, but universally regarded simply as the Nexus 9), HTC is also prepping two tablets on its own, too...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Why would Google charge $100 extra for a steps up in storage? Only Apple rips people off like that...
4. Iodine (Posts: 1102; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Probably because no OEM wants to lose money on selling nexus ?
6. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It doesn't cost $100 to increase the storage by 16GB. More like $20...
13. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1478; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
More like $5 to go from 16gb to 32gb, but your point holds
14. JC557 (Posts: 1266; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The flash soldered onboard is different from the flash chips used in microSD cards but yes the price shouldn't be that much higher unless they are going with a faster module with error correction as found in SSDs.
10. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Who told you that HTC will make next Nexus??? LOL
HTC have contract with Apple. So they could use the Apple's tricks , for free. Let them make iPads for Apple instead, not to use only the apple's propadanda and media. Right?
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's probably all fake. HTC is working hard on their replacement to the One M8, i.e something with a non-fvcked camera. If HTC is making a Nexus tablet, I highly doubt HTC is working on another tablet so they can compete with themselves.
On the other hand, spending time on tablets with the tablet market beginning to flatten out and rampant self-sabotage does seem like the typical bad management that HTC is known for.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
OMG NVIDIA Tegra K1 SoC!!! Wow!!! See those specs are awesome.
Bring it on HTC.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I'd be disappointed it has a 4:3 screen, kind of a waste of the K1
4:3 is terrible for gaming compared to widescreens (16:9 or 16:10)
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Are you sure? I hope it would have 16:9 ratio.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 3328; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Not sure, the rumors claim its 4:3, hopefully they are wrong
If they are right then there's the Nvidia Shield tablet (16:10)
Design looks kind of ugly and big (IMO)
But has the 32-bit K1, shouldn't be much slower 64-bit, but should be less efficient (unfortunately, kind of funny the Nvidia tablet doesnt have their best chip, they might be saving the 64-bit K1 for the Shield 2 handheld)
And has stock Android (probably with quite fast updates)
12. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Been waiting for the nexus 8 to come out and glad they teamed with HTC again. However, if the T12 is a 12' inch tablet, I might have to wait for that one! Glad their will soon be another tablet worth getting, as I don't want an Ipad and all the other offerings are subpar.