Rovio reports $71 million in profits for last year, led by four new releases
0. phoneArena 03 Apr 2013, 13:01 posted on
Angry Birds creator Rovio reported that it made $71 million in profits last year on revenue of just last year $200 million as revenue just about doubled over the course of the year; Rovio introduced four new games last year: Angry Birds Space, Amazing Alex, Bad Piggies, and Angry Birds Star Wars, and the company has continued its Disney-esque marketing of Angry Birds
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4651; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Amazing Alex is a FAIL!
Bad Piggies and Angry Birds is a SUCCESS!
The Croods? I don't know!
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2134; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
the croods is a terrible game. It will probably be a success though.
3. TheLolGuy (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
I know I'll get downvoted for this, but I never understood how Angry Birds became so popular. It's just a slingshot game but using birds as shots.
The idea behind the gameplay is hardly original, although it's a very polished game. Then again, how hard is it to polish something so simple?
Just as movies like Cast Away and Passion of the Christ saw huge sales compared to the puny production costs, I'll bet Angry Birds saw returns thousandfold in a similar vein.
6. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
original angry maybe not fun now but angry birds space where more than one element in the game is involved than just slinging a slinging shot and that idea wasn't original at the time it came out :/
and also bad piggies is a win
4. RapidCat (Posts: 350; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
i'm sick of angry birds. almost every kids store have it.
they everywhere invading earth.
5. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Rovio is an extremely clever company, they have been able to create such a huge brand from a little $1 app. Angry Birds Soap, Toys, Animations, Comics, Clothing, Accesories, etc. Marketing at some of its best.
7. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Rovio is smart company and that have payed off well for them
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5468; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How u make so much money over a million downloads?