Roughly 100 Motorola XOOM tablets sold by Woot were improperly refurbished - Moto wants them back
0. phoneArena 03 Feb 2012, 13:19 posted on
Apparently, it seems that approximately 100 out of a batch of 6,200 XOOMs were improperly refurbished, thus, resulting in some units retaining the information of the previous owner. Therefore, it’s possible that data such as photographs, documents, passwords...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5383; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And that my son is why you need to wipe before you return your tab
3. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Someone messed up slightly, but it's the responsibility of he previous owner to remove his data before returning the blasted item. I remember when I purchased a used BMW the previous owners travel data was still in the damn navigation, I was like seriously how stupid are you?
4. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
Booyah!! I get $100 for free. Can't beat that. Makes my Xoom only cost me 230 bucks!
5. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
how's the expereince with xoom?? m planning to buy 1!!! can you please tell me about the screen under sunglight and m not gonna ask if there's any lagging cuz i know there will be but is it serious?? Please please.. let me know before i spend my money on it...
6. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
I love the Xoom. I really don't use it in the sunlight much but it seems to have some glare if I'm sitting in front of a window. The lag isn't bad at all and its running ICS now which seems to have made it a little smoother. I use it a lot for Netflix and does great for that. Mine is the WiFi only so I don't know how 3g goes with it. I always said I would never get a tablet but when it was only 330 on Woot I decide to get one and havent been disappointed. Hope this helps. If you have anymore questions put them on here. I'll check back a couple times a day.
9. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
thank u so much trobes i'm planning to get 3g version,since u said its running ics. Does it run right out-of-the-box or you have to update it from motorola website??
10. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
My guess would be it will be out of the box with ICS but they got updated less than a month ago so some units may need to be updated. Barely took anytime at all though.
11. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 218; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
haha! Same here! I paid $230 for mines
7. nelsonl21 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
I have my xoom since august 2011 and I love it no issues and now with ics is awesome. Its all stock wifi model only US version
8. nelsonl21 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
Screen is a bit hard to see under the sun I just bought a non reflective screen protector and auto brightness and issue solved:-)
12. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's the problem with people nowadays', they don't wipe thoroughly!!
If I was going to dump something I'd make sure to take a good shower afterwards (and, scrub raw)!!!
Remember: 'cleanliness is next to godliness'.