Using the Ice Cream Sandwich source code that was released a few weeks ago, a user on XDA Developers, named for.digit, has ported the Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard over. The keyboard is available for free and does not require the device to be rooted.
Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard
- Multitouch keyboard
- User dictionary, built-in dictionary
- Configurable auto correction
- Redesigned and optimized keyboard layout and style
- Speech to text (select languages only)
- Custom vibration intensity (haptic feedback)
- Long press "Enter" key to bring up smiley alternatives
- Long press on "/" key in URL mode to bring up domains
The developer cautions that it is in beta therefore some bugs are expected. While it currently has mostly good reviews, a number of users with HTC devices are reporting issues with the keyboard.
Ice Cream Sandwich Keyboard [Android Market link]
source: XDA Developers via Android and Me