Rogers sees Samsung Galaxy S III update this month, GALAXY Note update in December
0. phoneArena posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:43
Yes Virginia, even in Canada they worry about things like updates which is why the carrier has announced to its customers that they should expect the Android 4.1 update to come out this month for the Samsung Galaxy S III and next month for the Samsung GALAXY Note...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. Ravail posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:22 6 0
Samsung already said they released it for the US. Its up to the carriers to distribute it to phones now. I'm waiting for it on my GSIII on At&t :(
5. Reluctant_Human posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:23 3 0
I'm hoping sometime before next christmas. This is why my next phone is going to be a Nexus.
14. fur0n posted on 04 Nov 2012, 16:14 2 0
even on a nexus you have to wait for the carrier to push the update. I'm glad i have sprint and i already have the jelly bean update. I have had it for over a week now. and I still like my sgs3.
19. Ravail posted on 04 Nov 2012, 22:07 0 0
The Google branded Nexus (Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4) doesn't rely on Carrier updates.. Its like Apple. They push updates directly to the phone when they feel like it.
2. rcranium posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:00 0 0
No kidding. I want to see my gn even faster than my Padawan rom.
3. Wiki_jaan posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:10 1 0
hy Alan any news for update 4.1 for galaxy s2 ........international version
6. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:38 0 0
This is why I invested in a nexus....still over all the best....software updates are the main reason to get a smartphone
7. Kronic (banned) posted on 04 Nov 2012, 11:59 2 2
And that's why our android devices have better hardware with cool software features like smart stay on my galaxy s3
12. bucky posted on 04 Nov 2012, 15:40 0 0
Lol and they say iPhone owners go crazy over silly features...
18. Kronic (banned) posted on 04 Nov 2012, 21:52 0 0
I said android. You might be dyslexic, why don't you get yourself examined. I clearly mentioned my galaxy S3. Also touchwiz nature UX features are awesome and are not silly in any way.
8. joseph98 posted on 04 Nov 2012, 12:56 2 0
I sold my galaxy note 1 because I didn't want to wait for jb 4.1 and I bought GN2 with jb4.1 but now I wounder when sammy will update the note 2 to jb 4.2. BTW GN2 is much better than the Note1 almost in everthing.
9. Kronic (banned) posted on 04 Nov 2012, 13:03 0 1
Since you are a user, can you tell me which one is easier to hold in one hand?
17. joseph98 posted on 04 Nov 2012, 21:44 0 0
It depends on your hand size. If you have a big hand then sure note 1 is for you, note 2 is much easier to hold for the average user.
Because I feel sarcasm is envolved then I would say if you have a smaller hand then galaxy s3 mini is what you should really buy.
10. Pedro0x posted on 04 Nov 2012, 13:58 0 0
I do not understand why you guys are waiting for the updates from the carriers when there is xda developers. Running android 4.1.2 on my SGS 1 a long time :)
13. bucky posted on 04 Nov 2012, 15:41 0 0
Because people don't want to have to do the updates manually.
11. maestro1 posted on 04 Nov 2012, 14:48 0 0
What about price, is Samsung going to drop it to compete with Nexus 4? Wondering if it will be possible to get S3 for $400 or less during this holiday season.
16. dickwyn posted on 04 Nov 2012, 19:20 1 0
so international galaxy note getting jellybean update this month ?
20. GeekMovement posted on 04 Nov 2012, 23:35 1 0
Got Jelly Bean on my GS3 it is pretty stinkin awesome. Love it. Wonder when Jelly Bean will be updated on the GS2. That will be so nice too.
22. FranksGT posted on 06 Nov 2012, 07:33 0 0
Sprint of all carriers had Jelly Bean update for the GS3, before the Heavy Contenders.