Rogers sees Samsung Galaxy S III update this month, GALAXY Note update in December
According to Samsung Canada, the Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (SGH-I747M) will be receiving Jelly Bean sometime late this month. The Samsung GALAXY Note (SGH-I717R) will be Jelly Bean'ed in late December along with the Samsung Galaxy S II LTE (SGH-I727R). It's another reason for Canadians to look forward to the holiday season.
source: Rogers via MobileSyrup
4. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Samsung already said they released it for the US. Its up to the carriers to distribute it to phones now. I'm waiting for it on my GSIII on At&t :(
5. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 872; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I'm hoping sometime before next christmas. This is why my next phone is going to be a Nexus.
14. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
even on a nexus you have to wait for the carrier to push the update. I'm glad i have sprint and i already have the jelly bean update. I have had it for over a week now. and I still like my sgs3.
19. Ravail (Posts: 182; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
The Google branded Nexus (Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4) doesn't rely on Carrier updates.. Its like Apple. They push updates directly to the phone when they feel like it.
2. rcranium (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
No kidding. I want to see my gn even faster than my Padawan rom.
3. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
hy Alan any news for update 4.1 for galaxy s2 ........international version
6. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
This is why I invested in a nexus....still over all the best....software updates are the main reason to get a smartphone
7. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
And that's why our android devices have better hardware with cool software features like smart stay on my galaxy s3
12. bucky (Posts: 1892; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Lol and they say iPhone owners go crazy over silly features...
18. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I said android. You might be dyslexic, why don't you get yourself examined. I clearly mentioned my galaxy S3. Also touchwiz nature UX features are awesome and are not silly in any way.
8. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I sold my galaxy note 1 because I didn't want to wait for jb 4.1 and I bought GN2 with jb4.1 but now I wounder when sammy will update the note 2 to jb 4.2. BTW GN2 is much better than the Note1 almost in everthing.
9. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Since you are a user, can you tell me which one is easier to hold in one hand?
17. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
It depends on your hand size. If you have a big hand then sure note 1 is for you, note 2 is much easier to hold for the average user.
Because I feel sarcasm is envolved then I would say if you have a smaller hand then galaxy s3 mini is what you should really buy.
10. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I do not understand why you guys are waiting for the updates from the carriers when there is xda developers. Running android 4.1.2 on my SGS 1 a long time :)
13. bucky (Posts: 1892; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Because people don't want to have to do the updates manually.
11. maestro1 (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
What about price, is Samsung going to drop it to compete with Nexus 4? Wondering if it will be possible to get S3 for $400 or less during this holiday season.
16. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
so international galaxy note getting jellybean update this month ?
20. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Got Jelly Bean on my GS3 it is pretty stinkin awesome. Love it. Wonder when Jelly Bean will be updated on the GS2. That will be so nice too.
22. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Sprint of all carriers had Jelly Bean update for the GS3, before the Heavy Contenders.