Rogers-locked Sony Xperia ZL up for pre-order by Sony; will ship on April 2nd
While most phones have a ratio of screen to phone size of 60% to 68%, the Sony Xperia ZL's ratio is 75% making it the most compact 5 inch FHD phone available. The Battery STAMINA Mode makes sure that those power-draining apps are shut down once the screen goes off. That's clever because with the screen off, why waste battery power on apps you can't see to use? The 13MP Exmor RS camera on back takes sharp pictures while flooded by sunlight or moonlight. Android 4.1 will be installed out of the box with a quick update promised to Android 4.2.
source: SonyCanada via MobileSyrup
Sony Xperia ZL
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
I just don't understand, Sony available in Canada but not in US? :(
2. Bernoulli (Posts: 1436; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
You don't even live in the us, plus I thought you were more focused on the n9
3. izim1 (Posts: 73; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
The unlock unbranded zl is listed on the Sony store for $760 with a coming soon sign on it. $760 are you serious Sony?
4. Taters (Posts: 2650; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Dead in the water since the GS4 will most likely be $599.99.
5. oister85 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I know exactly why would sony price it higher that the s4, is not even dust resistant.
6. anleoflippy (Posts: 250; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I wonder why Sony makes it's price high.
Here in Malaysia, the ZL cost RM1899 ($600) while Z is RM2199 ($700)
Something to do with tax?
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6212; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
What gives? No u.s. date sony :(