Rockstar looking to find a buyer for some of its patents
0. phoneArena 25 Dec 2013, 07:03 posted on
On Tuesday, we told you about Google's lawsuit that it filed against the consortium known as Rockstar. This is a group that consists of companies like Apple, Microsoft and BlackBerry that had together ponied up $4.5 billion to purchase the intellectual portfolio belonging to failed Canadian tech firm Nortel. Now that it owns the patents, Rockstar's business is to protect these patents using the judicial system...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Assa7inKing (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Guys can someone please tell me ? why SONY isnt in this LIST ? i mean they also use OS-ANDROID !! BUT ?
2. Duketytz (Posts: 519; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Sony is in the rockstar consortium. You can check the source or google rockstar consortium.
3. smallworld (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
They aren't hyped because they're Japanese.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6726; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's because Sony doesn't sell much handsets as samsung and they are not a threat to the sad fruit company or M$
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
If you read the article you'll find this
"In October, Rockstar filed a suit against Google,
Huawei, Asus, ZTE Corp., HTC Corp., Samsung
Electronics Co., LG, and Pantech Co., claiming
from what i know this year when it comes to sales sony is much more better than htc and about on par with lg.
9. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
12. _KIRA_ (Posts: 19; Member since: 25 Dec 2013)
Sony is a part of Rockstar so they won't sue themselves. Pretty bad ass work around.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1518; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Rockstar vs Android brands. Old dogs vs newbies. New Apple/Samsung, Pepsi/Coke, BMW/Audi like rivarly?
5. h3nryvn (Posts: 25; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Hahaha quite funny. Google cannot win the bid then google sued under the reason to help other company that use android
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
So much fail is going on in this story, lol. Google is probably breathing a sigh of relief.
7. roozbeh101 (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I see 2 tech blocks fighting in near future! open-source side against proprietary side!
13. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1269; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Who exactly is the Open Source champion in that mix? Apple, Samsung, and Google all contribute to Open Source, but none of them are exactly Open Source paragons.
15. roozbeh101 (Posts: 64; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
how apple inc, contributes to open source exactly?!