Rockstar Games’ L.A. Noire comes to Android tablets
OnLive announced that a redesigned version of Rockstar Games’ L.A. Noire is available through its cloud-based video game streaming service. The two companies partnered together to add touch and gesture support. L.A. Noire is now the first AAA console-class title to be designed specifically for a touch interface.
For those not familiar, L.A. Noire is a crime thriller set in 1940’s Los Angeles. You play the role of police officer, Cole Phelps, working his way up through the ranks by working on various cases. In addition to finding clues and assisting with street crimes, L.A. Noire features a revolutionary facial animation technology that allows you to conduct interrogations of witnesses and suspects and attempt to read their facial cues to determine if they are telling the truth or giving lip service to the law.
OnLive’s L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition also includes all downloadable add-on content, such as:
- 5 Additional Cases ranging from Traffic to Arson
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge - Find and collect badges to unlock the Button Man Detective Suit
- The Broderick Detective Suit - Boosts your fist fighting capabilities and resilience to damage
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit - Sharpens your aim with rifles and pistols
- The Chicago Piano - A powerful machine gun stored in the trunk of your car
After downloading the OnLive app from the Google Play store, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition can be purchased for $5.99.
1. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Here comes the Android Gems. :) Really, people have been waiting for console quality games on droids. Good thing multiple cores are starting to flood the market now and devs can now create apps that will be profitable.
2. rn9215 (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Bring it on Rockstar....have been waiting for such a console quality game to be released....!!
3. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
if you havent gone to youtube and typed in "awesome noire" you are missing out on a free laugh...just sayin